Welcome to our expert Nikken Aqua Pour Gravity Water System Review. The Aqua Pour system is now known as the “Nikken Waterfall” or “Nikken PiMag Water System.” In this article, we share our comprehensive Nikken water filter review and help you decide if this countertop system is the best option for your home.
What makes the PiMag system special? Unlike other countertop systems on the market, the PiMag both filters your water and infuses it with alkaline minerals to boost pH for better-tasting, healthier water.
Considering how expensive bottled alkaline water can get in the long-term, could the PiMag be your perfect alkaline water solution?
Let’s start by exploring the features of the PiMag Waterfall, then move onto current Nikken water filter reviews before sharing our final score for this system.
Current Nikken Water Filter Reviews
As an integral part of our review for each product on our site, we scope out what current owners are saying to identify the pros and cons of owning the product. Thus far, we know that the Nikken PiMag Waterfall is a unique countertop water filtration system with exemplary features, but is it worth it?
Here’s what we concluded after investigating Nikken PiMag Water System reviews:
- The PiMag undoubtedly makes some of the most delicious water on the planet, and we believe this is the system’s greatest selling point outside of its aesthetic appeal. The system achieves its superb taste through its blend of carbon/silica sand filtration and special mineral stones in the filtered water tank.
- The PiMag Waterfall is built with premium materials that will stand the test of time. People who owned previous versions for years are just now upgrading to the most recent version of the PiMag, and they love the new design.
- Most people have no trouble setting up the system and maintaining it since it requires no electricity and little to no maintenance.
- Several PiMag owners describe the water as “living” without a heavy mineral flavor.
- We recommend placing the system away from direct sunlight to avoid algae growth in the tanks.
- “Pi water” from the PiMag Waterfall was made to replicate water discovered by Japanese scientists in an area with extraordinary plant life. The PiMag mineral stones and silica stand add the same minerals they discovered in nature. We thought this was cool.
- Overall, the Nikken PiMag Water System reviews are excellent, and it’s one of the main reasons we added it to our list of top 5 best countertop alkaline water filters.
- We do want to note that one online seller appears untrustworthy. We recommend navigating to the most trustworthy seller at Amazon by clicking the button below.
Our Nikken Water Filter Review
Now that you know how current owners feel about the Nikken PiMag Waterfall system, we want to share our review with you. I split our review into two parts: our likes and our dislikes.
- While the Nikken PiMag Water System price is considerably less than a quality water ionizer, it’s also a good chunk more than other countertop water filtration systems. The price may be a drawback for some people, however, the Nikken is certainly a one-of-a-kind system at the moment.
- One drawback of all countertop systems is lack of pH control. With a water ionizer, you control the exact pH of your ionized water. With the PiMag system, all water is between pH 8.5 to 9.5. The good news is that this is the ideal pH range for drinking water.
- Overall, we’re reaching to find things we don’t like about the PiMag Waterfall because it’s an excellent system.
- The Water Quality Association Gold Seal of Approval for an alkaline water system is not easy to find, and the PiMag has it. The PiMag system is tested to meet NSF/ANSI Standards 42 for chlorine & chloramine reduction and 53 for lead reduction.
- The taste reviews are the best we’ve seen for any product we’ve reviewed, and we’ve reviewed hundreds of water filtration products.
- pH perfect filtered water
- Simple to set up and easy to maintain
- Long carbon filter life
- Mineral stones last a full year
- The aesthetic appeal of the system must be mentioned. The PiMag makes any kitchen look better.
- BPA-Free premium parts that will stand the test of time, unlike inferior countertop systems that give out in under a year.
Final Score: 9/10
Before we wrap up our Nikken water filter review, we want to address several frequently asked questions regarding the PiMag Waterfall.
Does the Nikken Water Filter remove fluoride?
Fluoride removal typically requires activated alumina, reverse osmosis, or special ion-exchange resin for a substantial reduction.
How to change the Nikken Water Filter
How often to change the Nikken water filter? Each Nikken carbon filter lasts for 235 gallons or 90 days (whichever comes first). The mineral stones are good for a full year.
We recommend watching the Nikken water filter maintenance video below. The gentleman in the video shows how to clean the system, prep the carbon filter, and disassemble/reassemble the complete system.
Where to buy Nikken water filter replacements?
The best place to buy replacement carbon filters and mineral stones is right online at Amazon.
Click Here or the image below to check the current price for a complete package of 1 PiMag filter with mineral stones:
Is the PiMag Waterfall the same as a water ionizer?
The PiMag Waterfall makes alkaline water by first filtering out impurities from your water with a carbon filter before boosting pH through mineralization with mineral stones.
A water ionizer also filters your water first with carbon filtration before the water undergoes electrolysis to make alkaline ionized water. A water ionizer requires electricity and does not add minerals to your water.
Premium water ionizers also boost molecular hydrogen in your drinking water, which has its own set of remarkable health benefits.
After investigating the current Nikken PiMag Water System reviews and expanding upon our existing analysis, we’re confident that it’s one of the best countertop alkaline water filtration systems on the market.
The PiMag technology is sound, the system is tested to meet key NSF/ANSI Standards for healthy drinking water, and the superb taste reviews make this system hard not to like.
If you watched the videos in our review, you already know that the materials in this system are premium. Overall, we’re huge fans of the Nikken PiMag Waterfall and recommend it with confidence.
What did you think of our Nikken water filter review? Share your experience with this system in the comments section below!