Tyent just released its most powerful countertop ionizer yet, and I’m excited to tell you all about it. It appears that Tyent is challenging Life Ionizers in pursuit of the title for the most powerful home water ionizer. In this article, I share our comprehensive Tyent ACE-13 review along with a helpful buying guide.
If you aren’t familiar with Tyent, they are one of the top dogs in the water ionizer industry and the creators of my top ionizer pick, the UCE-11. The ACE-13 is even more powerful than the UCE-11, and it’s equipped with some exciting to new features.
In this review, we’ll go over:
- The key features & warranty info
- Filter information
- Our expert review
- Plus additional tips in our brief guide to help you decide whether the ACE-13 is the best choice for your home
- 13 Platinum-Coated Titanium Plates (Solid/Mesh Hybrid Design for Maximum Efficiency)
- pH Range: 1.7 to 12.0
- Max Negative ORP: -1050 mV
- 4-Inch LCD Touchscreen w/ JOG Dial Controller (NEW)
- 360° Water Dispenser w/ Flexible Hose
- 8 water settings (3 alkaline, 3 acidic, 1 neutral, 1 turbo alkaline)
- Dual-Filter: TM-Ceramic and Carbon Block (.01-micron rating the same as kidney dialysis machines)
- Motion Proximity Sensor for Automatic Water Flow (NEW)
- Water Quantity Selection (NEW) – Allows you to choose in .1-liter increments to automatically fill different size water bottles, pitchers, or other containers
- Eco Mode (NEW) – Saves electricity by displaying time only on the LCD screen when not in use
- Set your own self-cleaning cycle (NEW)
- Fully customizable SMPS power supply to save even more energy than before
- Voice alerts with volume control
- Filter life indicator w/ front load easy-replace design
- Flow Rate: Up to 2 l/min or .5 gallon/min
- Dimensions: 11.8″ x 5.3″ x 13.8″ (Width x Depth x Height)
- Weight: 11 lbs
- Warranty: Lifetime on Parts and Labor w/ 75-Day Trial Period
- Made in Korea
Tyent Water Filters
One of the greatest advantages of owning a Tyent ionizer is the powerful dual-filter setup. Water filtration for ionizers is tricky because the filters must leave essential alkaline minerals intact for the ionization process to work properly.
Tyent has designed one of the most powerful and efficient systems currently on the market for a competitive price. The dual-filter setup contains a carbon block filter and a ceramic multi-stage filter with minerals to enhance electrolytes.
The 1st stage is a carbon block filter, minus synthetic resin binders. Removing the synthetic binders boosts the effectiveness of the carbon to allow for 100% efficiency. The 1st-stage filter removes rust, chlorine, VOCs, sediments, and all other water contaminants between .5 and 5-micron size.
The 2nd stage is the TM-Ceramic multi-stage filter. The ceramic filter has a tiny .01-micron rating to remove impurities that pass through the larger pore size of the activated carbon. Once the water passes through the ceramic filter, it passes once again through a carbon block before the final remineralization stage. The final stages enhance the taste of your drinking water and ensure the source water has sufficient minerals for the ionization process.
Reverse osmosis systems use a similar process, and that’s what I really like about the new Tyent filters because RO filtration is extremely powerful.
Filter Life and Cost
Filter life and cost are two important considerations to make before you decide which ionizer is best for your home and budget.
The Tyent filter life is 6 months or 950 gallons, whichever comes first. You also have the filter life indicator to remind you when it’s time to replace the filters.
Once you replace the filters, you simply reset each filter using the LCD touchscreen to restart the filter life countdown. Optional voice alerts announce filter life and remind you when it’s time to replace.
The Tyent Ultra Filter set fits the new ACE-13 ionizer. This is the same set used by the UCE-11 and ACE-11.
How to Replace the Filters
Always buy Tyent brand filters to keep the warranty intact and the machine functioning optimally. One of the features we love about the new ACE-13 ionizer is the front-loading design. The new design makes it easy for anyone to replace the filters without the need to take anything apart or use any tools.
Filter replacement instructions:
- Turn off the water supply to the machine
- Turn off the machine and unplug it
- Pull up gently on the bottom of each filter before spinning counter-clockwise to remove them
- Insert the new filters and be sure to lock them in by turning clockwise (see photo below)
- Once the new filters are set, close the door, plug the unit back in and turn the water supply back on
Later in the buyer’s guide, I show you how to extend the life of your filters and remove fluoride.
Keep in mind, the new ACE-13 model is countertop only for the time being until Tyent releases the under-sink version. The good news is countertop installation is a whole lot easier than under-sink installation.
Below are the main steps:
- Cutting and fitting the water lines
- Connecting the water lines
- Installing the diverter at the sink faucet
- Placing the acidic ionized water output
The only tool you may need for the job is a wrench. There’s no drilling required.
To get a better idea of how to install a countertop water ionizer, watch the video below:
The video above is for an older model, yet the process is essentially the same.
Our Tyent ACE-13 Review
Now for the most exciting part, what do we think of the Tyent ACE-13? I broke our review into two parts: the pros and the cons.
- We love the new upgrades, including the water quantity selector, motion detector for touchless operation, and two additional titanium electrode plates for increased flow rate and antioxidant powder. The water quantity selector allows you to fill any container with the touch of a button. No more waiting at the ionizer to fill a pitcher or worrying about overpouring.
- The JOG dial adds an additional control option to speed up your selections
- The multi-stage 2nd filter and new carbon block technology make Tyent filters even more powerful and efficient
- The lifetime warranty and 75-day trial period is the best in the industry
- Customizable self-cleaning cycles are an industry first. We have yet to review another ionizer that includes this function.
- Customizable SMPS Plus Power Supply guarantees you don’t overspend on electricity for the unit
- The ACE-13 has a slimmer profile, and it’s lighter than other competing units
- The attractive LCD touchscreen and overall design looks great in any kitchen, unlike the clunky Enagic Kangen Water ionizer design
- The 360° dispenser makes it easy to fill from any angle without moving the machine
- A customizable LCD display is a new feature we like (see photo below)
- Countertop only (for now)
- The upfront cost is higher than other ionizers
- Some families may not require or want an ionizer this powerful
- The number of features may be overwhelming for a first-time ionizer user
- Depending on your tap water quality, you may need a pre-filter to get the most life out of your Tyent filters
Overall, the pros outweigh the cons. The Tyent ACE-13 is a top-notch ionizer with powerful features that make it almost fully customizable and easy to use.
If this is your first time shopping for an ionizer, you may feel overwhelmed by the ACE-13. In this guide, I share tips to make sure you get the most out of your ionizer and choose the right one for your home.
1. Filter Tips
First, let’s talk about the filters. To get the most out of your Tyent filters, it’s best to install a pre-filter such as a whole house filter, reverse osmosis with remineralization, or a 3-stage filter. Keep in mind, this practice isn’t exclusive to the ACE-13.
For all ionizers, it’s best to purify your tap water before it enters the ionizer. The advantages are you extend the life of your ionizer filters and drink purer, better-tasting water. By extending the life of your ionizer filters, you save money since premium ionizer filters are typically more expensive than pre-filtration systems.
2. Fluoride Removal
For most ionizers, fluoride removal requires a pre-filter since fluoride removal requires an activated alumina filter or reverse osmosis membrane to achieve a significant reduction.
The best way to remove fluoride is to invest in a Tyent pre-filter or reverse osmosis system with remineralization. Install one of these systems before the ACE-13 for the best results.
Tyent currently offers a 2-stage pre-filter with an activated alumina filter and KDF-55/carbon filter:
3. Choosing Between Countertop and Under-Sink Ionizers
What’s the difference between a countertop and an under-sink ionizer? Aside from the obvious difference, there are three main differences:
- Under-sink ionizers usually cost more than countertop ionizers
- Under-sink ionizers are controlled at the faucet and save you from eating up countertop space
- It’s more complicated to install an under-sink ionizer
If you have limited counter space, an under-sink ionizer may be best for you. One of the drawbacks of an under-sink ionizer is it’s hard to move it.
A countertop unit allows you to bring the ionizer with you anywhere there’s a sink.
Here’s a photo of the Tyent UCE-11 under-sink ionizer:
Notice how the controls are on the faucet instead of the ionizer body. The white body lives beneath your sink while you operate the ionizer controls on the LCD touchscreen above the sink.
Are you interested in knowing more about the UCE-11? Read our complete review.
4. Country of Manufacture
Most water ionizer experts agree that Chinese-made ionizers are inferior and less reliable. South Korea and Japan are the two countries that certify alkaline water machines as medical devices. These two countries also have the longest history of manufacturing ionizers.
Top ionizer companies including Tyent, AlkaViva, Life Ionizers, and Enagic all manufacture their machines in South Korea or Japan. Tyent manufactures its machines in South Korea. This is a good thing.
The bottom line is the best water ionizers in the world are manufactured in Japan and South Korea with superior parts and materials. For example, Japanese platinum-coated titanium electrode plates are the gold standard.
5. The Importance of pH and ORP
ORP or “oxidation-reduction potential” is a measure of antioxidant potential in ionized water. Most companies list the max negative ORP for their machines.
Here’s an important tip. It’s important to know that max negative ORP isn’t the ORP value of the alkaline water you drink from the machine. Always look for the ORP value at a certain pH value, such as between 8 and 9.5 since that’s the pH of the water you drink.
As for pH, a lot of people aren’t aware of the many acidic water uses. The acidic ionized water from your machine has disinfectant properties and is useful for household cleaning and cosmetic reasons.
Tyent ionizers have a very wide pH range, which is one of the greatest advantages of owning a Tyent. High alkaline water is great for washing fresh produce to remove acidic pesticide residues.
6. Platinum-Coated Titanium Electrode Plates
You may be wondering why the number of titanium plates in the ionizer is important. As of now, the Tyent ACE-13 is Tyent’s most powerful home ionizer. The only other ionizer on the market with more plates is the Life MXL-15, which has a whopping 15 plates.
While more plates is a good thing, it’s also unnecessary for most people. Singles, couples, and small families don’t necessarily need more than 5 to 7 plates in an ionizer. However, here are the advantages of owning an alkaline water machine with more plates:
- Faster flow rate because more surface area allows for the water to undergo electrolysis faster
- Higher negative ORP, which equals more anti-aging antioxidants in your drinking water
- A wider pH range
- More power = higher wattage
- The MXL-5 is 249 watts while the MXL-15 is 800 watts
- The MXL-5 has a pH range of 3.0 – 9.8 while the MXL-15 has a range of 1.7 – 12.2
When you buy the Tyent ACE-13, you’re investing in a mighty powerful machine that you won’t need to upgrade anytime soon. That’s one of the advantages of buying a powerful machine.
Overall, the Tyent ACE-13 is the best countertop water ionizer currently on the market. It has some great new features that add a level of customization and convenience that we haven’t seen in any other machine.
We also love the Tyent lifetime warranty and Tyent company culture. The design of their machines is the most attractive of all ionizers. You won’t have to worry about your guests wondering what’s living on your countertop. Instead, they’ll be intrigued by the ACE-13’s appearance and want to know all about it.
Lastly, Tyent water filters are top of the line and less costly than AlkaViva’s filters, which are also some of the most premium available. Buy the Tyent ACE-13 with the confidence you’re buying a top ionizer from a trustworthy company.