Welcome to today’s alkaline water machine review! Today, I share with you my Life Ionizer MXL-5 review.
Life Ionizers released its latest series of ionizers – the MXL series – and it’s already making a splash.
The MXL series comes packed with some neat and exciting upgrades. The MXL-5 is the most affordable ionizer in Life’s new lineup, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less powerful than other ionizers in its class. In fact, I think it’s in the conversation for the top budget water ionizer.
I previously reviewed the MXL-15, which is Life’s most powerful water ionizer and the most powerful ionizer commercially available for home use. Let’s see how the MXL-5 stacks up against the competition.
By the end, you’ll know for sure if the MXL-5 is perfect for you. Is it better than a Tyent ionizer? Should you save by purchasing the MXL-5 over a similar Kangen Water machine?
All your questions will be answered, but first, let’s check out the key features of the MXL-5.
- 5 extra-large platinum-coated titanium plates with Life’s new Matrix GRID™ technology (the new design added more surface area to the plates equaling more efficient ionization and a faster flow rate)
- SMPS power is the new standard for the best water ionizers (it means your ionizer runs more efficiently to help you save money on your electric bill without sacrificing antioxidants in your alkaline water)
- Life moved its filters to the top of the machine to make changing filters even easier than before
- Self-cleaning function with Ultraviolet XL (UV light to kill any possible mold or bacteria lingering in municipal water)
- Molecular Hydrogen XL infusion means you get the added bonus of molecular hydrogen benefits in every glass of alkaline ionized water you drink
- pH Range: 3.0 – 9.8
- Max Negative ORP: -213 mV at pH 9.5
- 8 water levels (4 alkaline settings, 3 acidic, 1 purified water)
- Life’s customized dual filters ensure you’re getting the right filters to remove all contaminants from your local water (more information below in the replacement filters section)
- Filter replacement indicator (filter life is approximately 1 year)
- Warranty: 7 years on parts and labor
- Flow rate: 2 – 3 liters per minute
- Dimensions: 12.5″ Width x 6.25″ Depth x 15″ Height
- Countertop installation
- Designed in California and manufactured in South Korea (certified medical-grade water ionizer)
Life MXL Replacement Filters
When you order your MXL-5, Life Ionizers will pull your EPA-registered local water report to ensure you’re getting the best filter for your area.
Every year, local water authorities must send a water report to the EPA, and this is how Life Ionizers stays up to date with your particular filtration needs.
Life also had its filters tested by an independent lab, and all contaminants were reduced to undetectable levels. Click here to view the lab test results.
Life also offers you an option for fluoride removal.
Overall, I’m impressed with the contents of Life Ionizers’ filters and the fact they back up their word with lab test results. AlkaViva, Tyent, and Life Ionizers impress me the most with their filters.
If you live in an area with super hard water, you may want to install an affordable whole house filter to prolong the life of your ionizer filters and avoid any hard water buildup inside the machine.
Installation of Life’s countertop water ionizers is straightforward, and most people should be able to have their ionizers up and running in thirty minutes or less.
The hardest part is cutting the water hoses to the correct length for your kitchen.
The video below produced by Life Ionizers is for one of their older models, however, it does show you exactly how easy it is to install a countertop ionizer.
The only difference is the new MXL series has a slightly different shape and look than the older models.
The steps are:
- Install the diverter at your sink faucet
- Cut the hoses to the correct lengths
- Connect the included alkaline water hose to your ionizer
- Connect the acidic water hose to your ionizer to allow the acidic runoff to flow into your sink
- Turn on your ionizer
Here’s the video:
Are Life Ionizers Legit?
I wanted to include this section because I see a lot of chatter online about how only Kangen Water machines are legit and medical-grade, and in my humble opinion, this info is misleading.
I’ve personally done a lot of research on alkaline ionized water and have spent countless hours researching the top water ionizer companies.
Through my research, I’ve concluded Life Ionizers is a legit company.
Click here to check Life’s score on Trustpilot.
What to expect?
It’s always important to check out current info on an alkaline water machine before diving into buying one yourself:
- One of the benefits people forget about when purchasing an ionizer is the usefulness of the acidic water as well. Acidic water can save you a lot of money on household cleaning products and help you avoid bringing chemicals into your home.
- Higher energy levels are a common effect with this machine
- Even pets enjoy drinking water from a Life Ionizer
- You’re likely to drink more water after adding this ionizer to your kitchen
- Good customer service makes
My Life MXL-5 Alkaline Water Ionizer Review
What I like most about the MXL-5 is it comes with all the same features as the flagship MXL-15 for $1,000s less.
The biggest difference between the MXL-5 and MXL-15 is the number of platinum-coated titanium plates.
The plates are the most expensive part of any water ionizer, which is the reason you pay more for the 15-plate MXL-15.
If you’re a single person, a couple, or a small family, the MXL-5 will definitely get the job done for you. It’s a great first water ionizer to introduce you to the amazing health benefits of drinking alkaline ionized water.
Plus, you get automatic molecular hydrogen infusion with this ionizer. Enagic Kangen brand charges a ridiculous price for this same technology.
And get this, Life gives you a longer warranty period on both parts and labor than the much more expensive Enagic brand.
The bottom line is you can buy the MXL-5 with the confidence you’re putting your money into a legit water ionizer being sold by one of the leaders in the water ionizer industry. Considering Life just released its new models, you’ll be ahead of the ball for years to come.