There are recent studies showing that boosting hydrogen molecules in our drinking water can enhance athletic performance, slow the aging process, help shed stubborn belly fat, and reduce inflammation throughout the body.
The key to hydrogen-rich water is its lower negative ORP. The lower the ORP the more antioxidants in each glass of water.
Through my research, I’ve concluded that molecular hydrogen water machines do boost negative ORP, however, a premium alkaline water machine provides a lower ORP.
For example, Tyent’s and Life Ionizers’ alkaline water machines boost molecular hydrogen plus ionize water to increase pH to a healthier level.
In today’s article, I share my top picks for the best portable hydrogen water bottle currently available.
At the end of the article, I’ll go over hydrogen-rich water health benefits in greater detail.
#1) H2 Sport MAXX Hydrogen Water Bottle Review
The portable hydrogen water bottle with the most positive feedback currently available is the H2 MAXX unit. It comes with a 14 oz. borosilicate glass bottle and also allows you to connect your own water bottle on the go using the included fittings.
- Upgraded platinum-coated titanium plate
- DuPont PEM technology
- Molecular hydrogen concentrate level: 1.0 – 1.5 ppm
- Cycle length: 5 to 7 minutes
- ORP range: -300 to -600 mV
- More than 12 cycles per charge
- USB charger
- Portable size to use anywhere
- 14 oz. borosilicate glass
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty on parts and labor
- 12-hour daily phone support
- Compatible with all potable water types
- Dimensions: 10″ Height x 2.5″ Diameter
What to expect?
- You’ll be happy to find a separate chamber at the bottom of the H2 to collect waste.
- Excellent customer support, especially for the cost of the unit
- You may notice healthier stools after drinking water from this unit for several weeks – a benefit I outlined in my popular alkaline water bowel movement article.
- You may notice suppler skin
- A reduction in allergy symptoms may be a side benefit
#2) Biocera AHA Hydrogen Water Bottle Review
Unlike the H2 above, the Biocera portable hydrogen water bottle doesn’t require electricity to operate, making it 100% portable. Aside from boosting the molecular hydrogen levels in your water, the Biocera also uses alkaline minerals to boost the alkalinity of your water. With this bottle, you get the best of both worlds – more molecular hydrogen plus a pH boost – without the need for a charge.
- FDA-approved ceramic mineral balls inside the filter boost hydrogen and pH
- BPA-free bottle
- Negative ORP range: -50 to -100 mV
- Molecular hydrogen level: .1 ppm
- Lifetime: 1 year at 1.5 liters drinking water per day
#3) BM Classic Mini 380 Alkaline Hydrogen Bottle Review
Similar to the Biocera bottle above, the BM classic produces hydrogen-rich alkaline water using ceramic mineral balls contained within a filter. The bottle is BPA-free and perfect for making hydrogen water on the go without the need for a charge.
- 380 ml capacity
- Negative ORP level: -300 mV
- pH level: roughly 8.5
- BPA-free and antibacterial parts
- Non-slip silicone grip
- Ceramic mineral balls in filter contain magnesium, tourmaline, carbon, and Elvan Stone to boost molecular hydrogen and pH levels
How to use the BM hydrogen water bottle
- Fill your BM bottle with water
- After 1 minute, the ceramic filter has boosted the pH to roughly 8.5
- After 10 minutes, the hydrogen levels have boosted, resulting in a negative ORP of roughly -300 mV
You’ll likely love the portability and top grab handle. Plus, the unit produces fresh drinking water from tap water.
#4) AlkaDrops Portable Hydrogen Water Bottle Review
Now let’s get back to portable hydrogen water machines. This model by AlkaDrops is designed specifically for enhanced portability. Each hydrogen cycle takes just five minutes, and you can charge it at home before taking it with you anywhere. If you need to charge it away from home, simply connect it to a standard USB charging cable.
- Platinum-coated titanium plate
- Includes BPA-free 300 ml bottle
- Electrodes Disinfectant Cleaning System (EDC)
- Molecular hydrogen level: 1200 ppb boost
- 5-minute cycle
- Long-life polymer lithium battery
- Food-grade materials
- SPE/PEM film technology for superior water filtration
- Removes chlorine, hydrogen peroxide, and ozone from tap water before releasing them into the bottom chamber
- Dimensions: 8.2″ height x 2.7″ diameter
- Weight: 1.54 lbs
My Top Pick
After reading through current info, the only portable molecular hydrogen bottle I can recommend with total confidence is the H2 unit #ad.
Most of the other units have mixed feedback.
As for the portable hydrogen water bottles that don’t require electricity, I think they do work, but I’m not overly excited about them.
I think over time, more quality units will pop up. I’ll keep my article updated here to ensure I’m providing you with the best choices.
Overall, the H2 unit is worth a look. Personally, I wouldn’t use the water bottles with ceramic balls because I don’t like the idea of getting too many minerals in my system.
I choose to buy bulk alkaline water.
Both of those machines produce higher anti-aging antioxidant levels (negative ORP), allow you to control the pH, and boost molecular hydrogen levels. They’re also backed by lifetime warranties.
In my opinion, the technology still needs to catch up on these hydrogen water machines and bottles before they can be mentioned in the same sentence as a premium alkaline water machine.
Hydrogen Rich Water Health Benefits
Below is a list of purported health benefits of drinking hydrogen water:
- Improved hydration
- Weight loss
- Improved sleep
- Improved brain function and memory
- Protects cells from oxidative stress
- Metabolic syndrome sufferers reduction in excess belly fat
- Reduces lactate in blood after exercise (less muscle fatigue for athletes)
- One study found increased sprinting power in male cyclists
A lot of the benefits above are also included in my list of alkaline water health benefits.
In my opinion, most of the health benefits stem from better hydration. Since our bodies consist of mostly water, it only makes sense that healthier antioxidant water will boost our overall health on many levels.
Comparatively, alkaline ionized water has more research to back it up than hydrogen-rich water at the moment.
Drinking water with boosted molecular hydrogen is not harmful according to the FDA. The FDA currently labels it GRAS certified, which is considered safe.
How to Clean Your Hydrogen Water Bottle
According to H2WaterForLife, the best way to clean your hydrogen water bottle is with vinegar.
First, mix 1 part vinegar with 3 parts water.
Next, fill the included glass bottle and connect it to the machine.
Allow the bottle while connected to the machine to sit overnight before rinsing everything the following morning with fresh water.
The seller noted that you can allow the solution to sit in the machine while it charges.
Depending on the mineral content of your source water (hardness), they recommend cleaning the unit and bottle with the vinegar solution 1 – 2 times per month.
I believe molecular hydrogen water has its benefits, or reputable companies including Tyent, Life Ionizers, and Kangen wouldn’t include functions in their water ionizers to boost hydrogen levels.
If I had to choose between alkaline ionized water and hydrogen water, I would choose alkaline ionized water because it comes loaded with more antioxidants. Plus, alkaline ionized water has a more consistent pH level.
At the moment, the H2 MAXX appears to be the most reliable portable hydrogen water machine.
Until something better comes along, the H2 is your safest bet.
If I had to choose the best portable hydrogen water bottle with a ceramic filter, I would choose the BM Classic over the Biocera. Although, they both achieve the same outcome.