Good evening, fellow healthy water drinkers, I’m your host here at AWMS, Hercules. In today’s article, I share with you my comprehensive Bai Antioxidant Water Review.
The reason I’m including Bai on my alkaline water site is that Bai raises the pH of their water to be alkaline.
It’s been a busy month here at AWMS. I’ve added a ton of new alkaline water brand reviews and exciting information to help you along your alkaline water journey.
In my Bai Antioxidant Water review, we’ll check out the ingredients, pH & TDS tests, the cheapest place to buy Bai water in bulk, see current Bai water reviews, and last but not least, my review.
Ingredients in Bai Water
First, let’s answer the question: What are the ingredients in Bai water?
It’s important to know exactly what you’re drinking and why you should pay more for this water than conventional bottled water.
I always like to check the label first since companies must list their ingredients. I find that it’s the best way to skip over the marketing angles and get to the truth.
List of ingredients:
- Purified water (reverse osmosis filtration)
- Potassium bicarbonate
- Magnesium sulfate (electrolytes)
- Sodium selenite (electrolytes)
Is Bai Water healthy?
Bai uses reverse osmosis filtration to purify its water and strip away all the original minerals/impurities in the water. Reverse osmosis is a common filtration method because it does a great job of removing everything from water.
A lot of alkaline water companies, including Essentia, start with reverse osmosis water.
After purification, Bai adds its special blend of alkaline minerals to the water to raise the pH. They advertise a pH of 7.5 higher.
Cheapest Place to Buy Bai Water in Bulk
In case you can’t find Bai locally or prefer to save money by buying Bai in bulk, the cheapest place to buy it is online through Amazon.
Click the links below to check out the current lowest prices for both case sizes:
The 12 Pack of 33.8 oz bottles offers the Subscribe & Save option which allows you to set your own schedule to receive cases of Bai on autopilot. You also save 5% on the first case and 15% off each case after that.
Both cases are eligible for Prime free two-day shipping.
Now that you know the cheapest place to buy Bai water and the ingredients in Bai water, let’s check out if this brand is really alkaline.
pH & TDS Tests
In the video below, the young scientist conducts a Bai Antioxidant Water ph test as well as a TDS test.
The TDS reading gives us an idea of how many minerals are in the water. The more minerals the higher the TDS.
Since minerals are vital to our health and getting them from our water is important, most experts recommend an ideal TDS of at least 80 ppm for drinking water.
Here’s the Bai Water pH test:
It looks like Bai does have an alkaline pH of about 8 to me. The young scientist scored it an 8.5.
- TDS 126 ppm
- pH 8 to 8.5
Did you notice how he used pH tester drops instead of pH test strips? The drops are more accurate than the strips. I often see people attack alkaline water brands after getting inaccurate results with pH test strips.
If you want to test pH at home, I recommend checking out my list of the most accurate pH test strips to get the best results.
Now, let’s check out what current Bai Antioxidant Water drinkers are saying.
Is Bai the best alkaline water brand?
Bai Water Reviews
One of the best ways to find out if a company is legit is to look through the company’s reviews for honest reviews. Through my many hours of alkaline water research, I’ve grown a second nose that allows me to quickly sniff out fake reviews.
One of the reasons I love this site is that I get to share the power of my sixth sense with you.
Here’s a handful of honest Bai Antioxidant Water reviews:
- One person shared one of the more helpful reviews I came across. She prefers drinking bottled water and stumbled upon Bai water. Previously, she drank Evian and Fiji water. She likes Bai more than Fiji and Evian, and the Subscribe & Save option at Amazon saves her money. However, she gave the Bai juice products a thumbs down.
- Several people complimented the super fresh and crisp clean taste of this brand.
- One person didn’t notice any difference in taste between Bai and regular bottled water.
- Bai water turned one person into a full-time water drinker
- Bai helps one woman’s daughter who has digestive issues. It’s worth it to her because tap water upsets her daughter’s stomach.
- One Bai love thinks it’s the best water on the market
Now for my Bai Antioxidant Water review. Is this water legit? Are there better alkaline water brands that give you more bang for your buck?
Let’s see if I can answer those questions for you.
I’ll separate my Bai Water review into two parts: my likes and my dislikes.
- I prefer alkaline water that starts as purified water. I’m still unsure about bottling alkaline water from domestic artesian aquifers, which other companies are doing. How does this affect the domestic water supply and the surrounding environment? Bai uses reverse osmosis filtration to purify its water. This is a good thing.
- The addition of antioxidant selenium is a nice touch.
- The slightly higher TDS than other brands I’ve reviewed is good for people who like to get an extra boost of essential minerals from their water. Personally, I prefer a slightly lower TDS, but I think the selenium boost is what raises the TDS in Bai a bit higher than other brands.
- The pH is good. I prefer alkaline water with a pH between 8 and 9.5 for long-term drinking to err on the side of caution. I’ve seen other brands with a pH as high as 10.
- The flavor reviews impress me.
- The bottles are BPA-free.
- The founder is a New Jersey guy who started the company from the basement of his home in Princeton.
- Bai doesn’t provide a water quality report on its website. Other companies I’ve reviewed provide water quality reports that show exactly what’s in their water.
- Bai remineralizes its water to boost the pH instead of using electrolysis. The water I drink is alkaline ionized water. Ionized water is what home water ionizers make. I’m partial to ionized water because it reversed my case of intense heartburn when nothing else worked. Since then, I’ve continued to drink it and feel great overall. I haven’t had this much energy for over a decade.
What did you think of my Bai Antioxidant Water review? Did I miss anything? Please let me know in the comments section below if there’s more you’d like to know about this brand.
Overall, I think Bai is a solid alkaline water option with impressive company culture.
Personally, I prefer ionized water made by electrolysis, but I know everyone is different. The key point to remember is that drinking acidic water long-term is no good since most of our diets are acidic.
Alkaline water helps us find balance. Also, most people prefer the taste of alkaline water, and as a result, they drink more water.
This is the most important part. Staying hydrated with healthy, pure water should always come first.
I love reading reviews written by people who found a brand of alkaline water they love so much that they quit drinking soda altogether.
I stopped drinking soda many, many moons ago. My father was diabetic, and he drank way too much soda.
I know Coke won’t like me for saying that I like to see people quit drinking soda, but the world is a healthier place when soda drinking is kept to a minimum.
Click here to check out the current lowest price for a case of Bai Antioxidant Water.