Velaqua Alkaline Water Machine Reviews: Legit or Fake?
On the hunt for honest Velaqua Alkaline Water Machine reviews? Well, you’re in the right place. Our in-house water quality expert took a long look at the Velaqua to decide if it walks the walk or is just another overhyped water product that doesn’t deliver on its promises.
In this article, you’ll learn everything you need to know about the Velaqua Alkaline Water Machine before you buy, what current owners are saying, our water expert’s review, and several final thoughts to consider.
Unlike most water ionizers, the Velaqua doesn’t use electricity to ionize your tap water. Instead, it relies on gravity.
Similar to an alkaline water filter pitcher, the Velaqua contains special minerals within its filter to ionize your water.
Let’s start with the most important part first, what are current Velaqua owners saying?
Velaqua Alkaline Water Machine Reviews
After doing some digging, I found a handful of legit Velaqua Alkaline Water Machine reviews written by verified buyers.
Here’s what they had to say:
- One woman wrote, “I LOVE IT.” Her whole family is drinking water from it and enjoying the taste. She also ran a pH test and confirmed that the pH is 9.5 or higher. She recommended filling the reservoir at least 3 or 4 times before drinking water from it. I read through Velaqua’s instructions myself and found that they recommend filling the reservoir a couple of times and discarding the water before drinking.
- One man simply commented, “Best thing you can do for yourself.” He didn’t have much else to say, however, he is a verified owner.
- Another woman said it works, but the highest pH she can get is 8.25. In reality, this isn’t a bad thing and within the ideal pH range for drinking water. I personally drink alkaline ionized water with a pH between 8 – 9.5. The key is to avoid drinking acidic water below 7.
- Another person said the water is “fresh tasting,” and the machine has a “handsome” appearance on the kitchen counter.
Overall, it appears that current owners are enjoying the water produced by the Velaqua Alkaline Water Machine.
Next, let’s check out the features to see how the Velaqua stacks up against its electric competitors.
- The 7-stage filter includes a ceramic pre-filter, colloidal silver-impregnated organic coconut fiber carbon, and minerals (tourmaline, zeolite, and bioactive far-infrared sun beads)
- Max pH: 9.5
- Negative ORP: -237 to -513 mV (Oxidation-reduction potential or ORP is a measure of beneficial antioxidants in your water. A higher negative ORP = more antioxidants)
- Total capacity: 4 gallons (Top tank: 1.5 gallons, and Reservoir tank: 2.5 gallons)
- Filter Life: 4-6 months for a family of 4, and 8-12 months for a single person
- Uses no electricity: the Velaqua mimics Earth’s natural filtration process
- Filter time: 2 to 3 hours each time you fill it
- Dimensions: 18.5″ Depth x 10.5″ Width x 19.5″ Height (The top tank can be removed after the water has finished filtering)
- Package includes the Velaqua unit, ceramic pre-filter disc, filter, and the Velaqua booster kit
Velaqua Replacement Filters
Once you receive your Velaqua unit, it’s best to follow the instructions provided by Velaqua. You must first soak the filter.
Plus, they recommend filling the unit a couple of times before drinking filtered water from it. Since it takes several hours for your water to completely filter down to the bottom tank, you’ll have to be patient the first day.
The good news is the filters have a long life.
The filter life for a family of 4 is approximately 4-6 months while a single person can enjoy alkaline ionized water for up to a full year on a single filter.
Filters are available online at Amazon. Click here or the image below to read more about the Velaqua replacement filter:
One reviewer said shipping is fast. This is a good thing because not all alkaline water companies ship their filters quickly.
Velaqua recommends cleaning the tank once a week to ensure the filter lasts longer and operates at its best.
To get a visual idea of what to expect from the Velaqua and how it’ll look in your kitchen, check out the video below:
Pros and Cons
Now, let’s go over the pros and cons of owning the Velaqua instead of a traditional electric water ionizer:
- Requires no electricity
- It’s portable
- Costs a lot less than a premium water ionizer
- Adds healthy minerals to your water (good for people who don’t have hard water)
- Contains colloidal silver in its filter
- More user-friendly
- Can’t control the pH level
- Smaller negative ORP than a premium water ionizer
- Takes hours to filter the water
- Made in China (premium ionizers are made in Japan or South Korea)
- No self-cleaning function
- Could be adding unnecessary minerals to your water (especially if you have hard water)
- Doesn’t make acidic water for household and cosmetic uses
- Larger footprint
My Velaqua Alkaline Water Machine Review
After reading everything about the Velaqua, seeing it in action, and studying its filter, I drew several conclusions.
First, the Velaqua is not in the same class as an electric water ionizer.
The key difference is an electric water ionizer uses the minerals that are already in your water to make alkaline ionized water and acidic water while the Velaqua relies on adding minerals to make alkaline ionized water. Personally, I prefer using what’s already in my water to ionize it instead of adding more minerals that I may or may not need.
However, the Velaqua machine is definitely a better option than most alkaline water filter pitchers currently on the market.
In my opinion, the Velaqua is more of a really big alkaline water filter pitcher with a more powerful filter, as opposed to an actual alkaline water machine.
I think the term “alkaline water machine” gets tossed around a bit to market products.
Check out my list of top 10 water ionizers in 2018 to get a better idea of what an alkaline water machine is.
Having said all that, I do think the Velaqua is a legit product that produces alkaline ionized water through mineralization.
It’s more powerful and more convenient than most alkaline water filter pitchers and is certainly an upgrade over the common Brita pitcher.
The ORP reading of Velaqua water is the best I’ve seen for an alkaline water filter that doesn’t use electricity, but it certainly doesn’t match the power of Tyent’s UCE-11, for example.
One neat feature I like about the Velaqua is the addition of colloidal silver in its filter. I haven’t seen that before in other alkaline water products, and I think it’s a nice touch.
Lab tests have shown that colloidal silver is a powerful all-natural anti-bacterial that has the ability to kill over 650 types of bacteria, fungi, molds, and parasites.
Overall, I give the Velaqua Alkaline Water Machine a thumbs up 👍. My only slight gripe is with the marketing since the Velaqua machine technically isn’t a water ionizer and can’t produce the same level of quality as a premium water ionizer.
One of the greatest features of a premium water ionizer is molecular hydrogen infusion, which is lacking in alkaline water filter pitchers and countertop alkaline water filters in general.
Click here to decide if the Velaqua is the right choice for you and your family.
Are Velaqua Alkaline Water Machine reviews legit? Yes, I believe they are.
To give you an idea of my final thoughts for this countertop alkaline water filter system, here’s how I think the Velaqua is best described.
The Velaqua is more powerful than a traditional alkaline water filter pitcher, but you can’t expect it to perform at the same level as a premium water ionizer.
Personally, I favor electric water ionizers that use medical-grade platinum-coated titanium plates to get the job done. I’m also more trusting of ionizers built in South Korea and Japan since those two countries have health organizations that certify water ionizers as medical devices.
As long as you go into buying the Velaqua with the proper mindset, you will undoubtedly get your money’s worth.
I think it’s a great introduction to the benefits of the alkaline ionized water lifestyle. Perhaps once you feel the health benefits of drinking alkaline ionized water from the Velaqua, you’ll decide to upgrade to a water ionizer.
Feel free to browse my water ionizer reviews by clicking the menu button at the top of the page. You’ll find tons more useful information about ionizers there.
Cheers to you and your family’s good health!
Greetings fellow health nuts! I’m the host, creator, and writer here at Alkaline Water Machine Source. You can call me Hercules. My mission is to help others heal and feel better overall through the power of alkaline ionized water. It helped me win a nearly decade-long battle with chronic fatigue, and I think it can help you too!