The convenience of a countertop water filter is one of the greatest advantages of owning one, but will it get the job done? Better yet, is it worthy of taking up valuable space on your counter? Welcome to our Brondell Water Filter Review. In this review and guide, we’ll help you decide whether the Brondell Cypress H2O+ Countertop Water Filtration System is the perfect fit for your home or if there are better options awaiting you.
Let’s start by exploring the key features and highlights of the Cypress system. After the features, we’ll see what current owners are saying in the reviews section before sharing our review and final score for the Cypress.
We’re confident that by the end of our review, you’ll have already made your decision.
Brondell Cypress Water Filter Overview
|Model||Features & Highlights|
Current Brondell Water Filter Reviews
Now that you know the specs, let’s hear about the experience. Are current owners happy with their purchases or are they regretting their decision to choose the Cypress? We dug deep into the current Brondell water filter reviews so you don’t have to.
After investigating both current and past reviews, here’s what we concluded about the Cypress system:
- You’ll find that installing a countertop water filter doesn’t really get any easier than with the Brondell Cypress system.
- The Cypress does a great job of removing unpleasant odors, such as chlorine, from tap water.
- Depending on your water quality, you may find that the filters don’t last quite as long as the advertised lifespan for each stage (a common complaint with most water filtration products).
- Most owners enjoy the taste of filtered water from the Cypress system, comparing it to bottled water.
- A handful of owners reported a problem with the on/off button getting stuck in the “on” position, which leads to having to use the sink diverter switch to allow water to flow through the Cypress.
- You may find that this system is better than a comparable Aquasana countertop system.
- The aesthetic quality of the system in person lives up to what you see in the photos.
- The Brondell customer service team appears engaged and ready to solve any issues you may have.
- One person on well water reported that the Brondell Cypress gets the job done.
- Overall, the current reviews weight heavily in the positive direction for the Cypress H2O+ system.
Our Brondell Water Filter Review
Now it’s time for our thoughts on the Cypress H2O+ system. We’ve reviewed and rated quite a few countertop systems from alkaline to standard to reverse osmosis, and we have a complete understanding of how each system works.
After reading through the current Cypress reviews and analyzing this system, we have a handle on the disadvantages and advantages of owning this system.
- There are enough negative reports about the on/off button sticking or breaking to identify this issue as a negative trend. On the bright side, most of the negative button reports were mentioned in older reviews. Brondell also honors its 1-year warranty.
- This system does not remove lead, chloramines or fluoride, according to the WQA lab test results. We do believe it removes lead to a degree, but there’s no mention of lead in the water analysis report or in the product description. If you desire lead removal, we recommend our WaterChef C7000 Review.
- While the upfront cost of the system is low compared to similar systems, you may find that the annual replacement filter cost is too high for your taste.
- No filter life indicator
- We love to see that a water filter is WQA certified to meet NSF/ANSI Standards. This is the tag to look for when purchasing a water filter for your home.
- The visual appeal and slim profile of the system are both great selling points.
- After digging a little deeper, we updated our review to confirm that the Cypress is BPA-Free.
- We’re impressed by the taste reviews. Most people love the taste of Cypress filtered water and compare it to bottled water quality. Activated carbon is the filtration media of choice when it comes to improving flavor and removing chlorine odor.
- The system is incredibly easy to install, and there’s an option to avoid using a faucet diverter by running the water hose below your sink. The latter installation is a bit more complicated since you’ll most likely need to drill a small hole in your counter to pass the hose through.
- We like that this system leaves essential minerals intact, unlike a reverse osmosis system. There shouldn’t be much, if any, pH fluctuation between your tap water and filtered water.
- The upfront cost is appealing.
Final Score: 7/10
Brondell Cypress Water Filter Replacement Cost
Before we wrap up our review, we want to share our thoughts on the annual replacement filter cost for the Cypress system.
The H-32 filter costs more than the H-31 and H-33 filters. It also lasts twice as long.
Below, we ordered the replacement filters from H-31 to H-33. Click the images to check the current lowest prices for each at Amazon:
As several owners pointed out, the annual replacement filter cost certainly isn’t the cheapest option out there. However, cheap doesn’t equal good in the water filter realm.
Considering these filters are WQA certified, we feel as though you get what you pay for in this case.
Cypress H2O+ Installation Video
Lastly, to give you a better idea of how easy this system is to install and the two installation options, the video below demonstrates how to install the Brondell Cypress H2O+ Countertop Water Filtration System:
Overall, we believe the Brondell Cypress system is worth a look and a quality countertop filtration option. As we recommended in our conclusion above, the Cypress is best for people who want an attractive countertop unit for chlorinated municipal water or well water that’s not too hard.
Do keep in mind the negative reports about the button. We recommend reading the most current reviews before you buy to see if the button problem is still an issue. At the time of this writing, there were significantly fewer button problem reports in the current reviews compared to a couple of years ago.
What did you think of our Brondell Water Filter Review? If you’d like us to add anything, we’d love to hear from you in the comments below!