pH Restore Alkaline Water Pitcher Review
Are you shopping for the best alkaline water filter pitcher? Or perhaps you’re curious to know who wins the battle of alkaline water pitcher vs machine? Well, you’re in the right place.
I’ve already done the research for you. In this review, you’ll learn everything there is to know about the DRAGONN pH Restore Alkaline Water Pitcher Ionizer. By the end, you’ll know for sure if the DRAGONN is right for you or if your money is best spent elsewhere.
I also added some bonus tips at the end of the review to help you understand the difference between an alkaline water pitcher and an alkaline water machine. Through my research, I’ve found that there’s confusion surrounding this topic.
Now, let’s check out the pH Restore pitcher.
- 7-stage filter contains activated carbon, tourmaline, ion-exchange resin, and mineral balls to boost pH (1st filter included with purchase)
- Filter life indicator
- Filter Life: 60 days or 150 liters
- pH value: 8.5 – 9.5
- Capacity: 3.5 liters
- Made with BPA-free & Food-grade AS, ABS materials
- Increases negative ORP (oxidation-reduction potential), which means you get more anti-aging antioxidants in your drinking water
- Reduces water molecule size to allow for better, quicker hydration (great for athletes or after a hard workout)
- Slim design to take up less room in the fridge (fits in most fridge doors)
- Easy-to-fill lid design allows you to refill the pitcher without removing the lid
- Micro-screen to block unwanted black carbon particles from getting in your water (a common problem with Brita pitchers)
- Improved taste
DRAGONN Alkaline Filter Replacements
As mentioned in the Features section, DRAGONN rates its pH Restore filters at 60 days or 150 liters.
If you and your family drink about a gallon of water a day, each filter will last roughly 40 days.
Regardless, I do think the price of the filters is fair when compared to the price of buying bottled alkaline ionized water in bulk.
However, I do think Essentia brand is better overall quality than what the pH Restore produces. If I had to choose between the pH Restore pitcher and a Brita, I would choose the pH Restore pitcher every time.
The DRAGONN replacement filters come in 1 or 3-packs. The current price for a single filter is just under $10, and they don’t seem to be offering much of a price break for the 3-pack.
Click here or the image below to check out the current price at Amazon:
The thing I like most about this filter is that it does contain activated carbon, which does a great job of removing impurities from your water.
I’ve seen other alkaline water filter pitchers on the market that simply add minerals to your water to boost the pH without actually filtering the water through activated carbon first.
Similar to other alkaline water filters, the pH Restore filter contains mineral balls that boost the pH of your water.
In my opinion, this is a good and bad thing.
If you have hard water, you already have enough minerals in your water. Adding more minerals to your drinking water with this pitcher may be unnecessary. The advantage of a water ionizer compared to a pitcher is a water ionizer uses the minerals that are already in your water to make alkaline ionized water. Personally, I don’t love the idea of raising the pH of my water by simply adding more minerals.
On the other hand, if you own a reverse osmosis water system or have softer water with fewer minerals, the DRAGONN pitcher is better for you.
Since reverse osmosis water can be devoid of minerals, adding minerals with the pH Restore pitcher isn’t such a bad idea.
For those of you with hard water, investing in an inexpensive whole house filter can be beneficial and increase the quality of your drinking water.
pH Restore Alkaline Water Benefits
Below are the benefits listed on the DRAGONN product page:
- Neutralize acidity in the body
- Anti-aging through a reduction in free radical damage
- Disease prevention by neutralizing acidity
- Better hydration than tap water
- Increased energy levels
- Immune system boost
- Better flavor (great for brewing coffee or tea)
What are current owners saying?
I always like to check out what current owners are saying about a product before I invest it. Let’s see if the pH Restore is making mouths happy.
At the time of this writing, the pH Restore alkaline water pitcher ionizer reviews total nearly 600 with a 65% 5-star rating.
- One girl from New York City ran a pH experiment to see if the pH Restore indeed raises the pH of tap water to between 8.5 to 9.5 as advertised. Using a calibrated digital pH meter, she got a reading of 9.8 on the DRAGONN water after starting with pH 7.2 tap water.
- Another person called this pitcher “by far the best one” after purchasing two others before it. The person reported that the lid stays on better with this pitcher, and the water tastes “smooth.”
- One person ran multiple pH tests about a month apart and found the pH stayed at 9.1. The person previously used a PUR water pitcher that produced a pH of 7.8.
- Another woman reported “improvement in clarity” of her skin.
- One gentleman reported “noticeable” weight loss.
Overall, the reviews written by verified buyers are promising and fall in line with alkaline water reviews I’ve seen written for other high-quality alkaline water products.
My pH Restore Alkaline Water Pitcher Review
As far as alkaline water filter pitchers go, I do think this is one of the best ones currently on the market.
I like that the filter contains activated carbon and several other types of filtration media including tourmaline to reduce impurities and heavy metals in municipal water.
Do note that if you want to filter out fluoride, this filter doesn’t remove fluoride.
The pH tests also appear promising to me. While I do think the pH is a little high to start with, it does fall within the ideal pH range for drinking water.
Keep in mind, you don’t want to drink water with a pH of 9.5 while eating or before/after you eat. Neutralizing your stomach acids while eating is not a good idea since your body needs the acidity in your stomach to properly digest your food.
I get the best effect from alkaline water by drinking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, before bed and away from meals throughout the day.
Overall, I give the pH Restore water filter a thumbs up 👍. Buy this pitcher with confidence that it’ll do what it says it does.
Alkaline Water Pitcher vs Machine
I want to include this section to help inform you about the differences between an alkaline water machine and pitcher.
Here are several of the advantages of a machine over a pitcher:
- pH control (you choose the exact pH of your water with a machine)
- Superior filtration of water contaminants
- A machine won’t add minerals you don’t need (I don’t like the idea of consuming an overabundance of minerals)
- Molecular Hydrogen infusion (molecular hydrogen is a super antioxidant that has a unique ability to neutralize harmful free radicals while leaving beneficial radicals intact)
- Higher negative ORP levels (more antioxidants)
- Electrolysis ionization is superior to mineral ionization (a machine uses platinum-coated titanium plates and electricity to ionize your water while a pitcher relies on mineral ionization without electricity)
There are more advantages to owning an ionizer. I only wanted to give you an idea of what makes an alkaline water machine superior because it irks me when people think they’re getting the same alkaline water benefits from a pitcher as an ionizer.
Click here for an entry-level water ionizer I recommend.
I do think alkaline water filter pitchers are a great start for anyone looking to test the alkaline waters. You should see if you’re benefiting from alkaline water before investing in an ionizer.
Plus, an alkaline filter pitcher is a definite upgrade over a Brita pitcher. I’ve seen too many tests that showed Brita water with a slightly acidic pH.
I hope my review helps you make a more informed buying decision, and you learned some valuable information about alkaline ionized water along the way.
I drink alkaline ionized water every day, and I know for sure that it makes me feel great. The taste is excellent. Plus, the energy boost I get when I start the day with a couple of glasses of fresh ionized water always makes the day better.
You may also be interested in reading my article “Do Alkaline Water Pitchers Really Work?” for additional information.
Cheers to you and your family’s good health!
Greetings fellow health nuts! I’m the host, creator, and writer here at Alkaline Water Machine Source. You can call me Hercules. My mission is to help others heal and feel better overall through the power of alkaline ionized water. It helped me win a nearly decade-long battle with chronic fatigue, and I think it can help you too!