Are you ready for my Liquid Death water review? It’s going to be a thrilling ride from start to finish. Why am I including Liquid Death on my alkaline water site? According to Liquid Death, their water has an alkaline pH.
Who said only beer comes in tallboys?
Liquid Death is the first alkaline water brand I’ve seen that uses an edgy angle to attract an unusual type of customer. I can only imagine how many Liquid Death drinkers have been asked what type of beer they’re drinking only to fool the inquirers when they tell them it’s just water.
In my Liquid Death water review, you’ll learn everything you need to know about this water including its pH, where it comes from, where to buy it in bulk for the cheapest price, what current drinkers are saying, and of course, my two cents.
Shall we begin?
Is Liquid Death water real?
I noticed that a lot of people are wondering if Liquid Death is a real product. The answer to that question is yes.
Liquid Death is one of several new alkaline water brands that come in cans instead of plastic bottles.
What are the advantages of metal cans over plastic bottles?
- Better taste (no more worrying about that nasty plastic taste that sometimes occurs due to water bottles sitting out in the sun during shipping)
- Metal is infinitely recyclable while a lot of plastic waste finds its way into the ocean (According to Liquid Death, metal cans contain 20x more recycled material than plastic bottles)
- Your water stays colder longer
- You can trick people into thinking you’re drinking a fancy beer
What is Liquid Death?
Liquid Death water is 100% natural mountain spring water from the Austrian Alps.
In case you’re wondering, the water is non-carbonated or “still,” as some people like to call it.
What’s the pH?
How does this happen? Natural alkaline water filters its way through the Earth and picks up alkaline minerals along the way that raise the water’s pH.
These alkaline minerals include calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sometimes, silica.
When you drink Liquid Death, you get a healthy dose of minerals and electrolytes.
Liquid Death implores you to “Murder your thirst” with their water.
Where to Buy Liquid Death Water in Bulk for the Cheapest Price
The cheapest place to buy it is online through Amazon.
Click the link below to check out the current lowest price:
The largest case they have at the moment is the 12-pack.
Each case features limited edition art on the bottom of the package.
Check out the Liquid Death promotional video below (warning: does contain slightly graphic content)
Liquid Death Water Reviews
I always like to see what current drinkers are saying to get a general idea of what people think before I try a product.
At this point, we know that Liquid Death comes in a cool-looking can, and they have an awesome marketing angle, but does the water taste good enough to justify the price?
Most people (and even cats and dogs) agree that alkaline water tastes better than tap water. In my opinion, no water tastes better than ice-cold fresh alkaline ionized water.
After reading through the Liquid Death water reviews, here’s what I found:
- The taste didn’t impress several drinkers. They agreed that Liquid Death doesn’t taste as good as Fiji, yet it does taste better than municipal water.
- There are a ton of sarcastic reviews by people who describe the details of how Liquid Death murdered their thirst.
- One guy did compliment the flavor of the water, calling it “natural” and “very smooth.”
- An “alkaline water nut” who drinks alkaline water for gout said Liquid Death gets the job done the same as AQUAhydrate or Essentia.
Are you ready for my review?
Now for my Liquid Death water review. At first, this water impressed me. Then, as I read through the reviews and noticed some things on the company’s website, I experienced a couple of light-bulb moments that I’ll share with you below.
I’ll break my review into two parts: my likes and my dislikes.
- I’m all for drinking out of metal cans instead of plastic bottles. I’ve seen enough ugly images of plastic waste filling our oceans to know that plastic pollution is a serious problem. According to Liquid Death, if plastic production continues at the current rate, plastic pollution will outweigh fish in the sea by 2050.
- The can art is really cool. It’s the best I’ve seen on any bottled alkaline water product.
- The marketing angle is solid too. There are more than enough alkaline water companies with fitness models as their “brand ambassadors.” Since 99.9% of people don’t look like fitness models, it’s nice to see a down-to-earth brand like Liquid Death.
- The water source interests me, although, I couldn’t confirm where exactly the water comes from in the Austrian Alps due to limited public information on this brand.
- The company currently has 84% 5-star reviews on Amazon.
- On Liquid Death’s site, they have a link for their water quality report, but when I clicked to view it, it led to nothing. I was excited at first since I like when companies are transparent enough to post a water quality report. Without a water quality report, I don’t know the exact pH, TDS, or mineral content of their water. Hopefully, it’s just a temporary glitch.
- The taste reviews for this brand weren’t as inspiring as most other bottled alkaline water brands I’ve reviewed. A lot of people compared the taste to tap water while a handful of people did say it’s great-tasting water.
- Remember the light-bulb moments I mentioned earlier? Here’s what I realized, and it goes back to what I recommend for the best combination for drinking water, period. At this point, we all know that plastic bottles are bad. If we’re willing to take one step in the right direction by drinking out of metal cans, why not go all the way by investing in a quality home alkaline water filtration system and a stainless steel double-wall, vacuum insulated bottle? This way, we’re not making any waste, and our water stays cold a lot longer.
I think the best way to sum up my Liquid Death water review is by saying that some people will love this brand while most people will be underwhelmed by it.
I prefer alkaline ionized water because it’s what got me past a nasty case of heartburn when nothing else worked. It’s one of the main reasons I started this site.
Will Liquid Death give you all the alkaline water benefits? I think it can to a degree, and it’s certainly better than slightly acidic water (LIFEWTR) or tap water, but there’s more to alkaline water than alkalinity.
Alkaline Water vs Alkaline Ionized Water
Through my research, I’ve learned that molecular hydrogen and the negative ORP of alkaline ionized water are what deliver all the amazing anti-aging benefits of ionized water.
What makes ionized water? The best way to drink ionized water is by making it at home with a water ionizer. Several water brands including Essentia do sell ionized water. The problem with bottled alkaline ionized water is that it’s not fresh, and it’s best to drink ionized water right after you make it.
In closing, I think we can all take one step further by making our own purified alkaline water at home and drinking it from a reusable stainless steel bottle.
What did you think of my Liquid Death water review? Did I miss anything or is there anything else you’d like to hear about it? Let me know in the comments section below.
Click Here to check out the current lowest price for a case of Liquid Death tallboys.
Until next time, cheers!