Welcome to our comprehensive Clearly Filtered review. In this review and guide, we’ll explore the updated Clearly Filtered water pitcher and Clearly Filtered water bottle. We’ll also compare Clearly Filtered vs Zero Water to determine which pitcher filter gives you more bang for your buck.
Clearly Filtered manufactures a seriously powerful filter using affinity media that selectively removes contaminants while leaving essential minerals intact. Since we’re big alkaline water fans here, we like to see that more and more water filtration companies are focusing on leaving those essential minerals intact.
The problem with removing all minerals from water isn’t that you need minerals from water. It’s that blank water is hungry to soak up carbon dioxide from the air, which converts to carbonic acid. Blank water is also hungry to leach minerals. In our opinion, since 0 TDS water is 0% natural, it’s unhealthy for people to drink it long-term.
So with that out of the way, let’s begin our Clearly Filtered review. We’ll start by going over the core features for each product before our Clearly Filtered vs Zero Water comparison. Finally, we’ll wrap up with our two cents.
Clearly Filtered Pitcher Core Features & Overview
What contaminants does the Clearly Filtered filter remove?
Well, we certainly won’t list all 230, however, we will list the most important contaminants along with their respective reduction rates.
|Fluoride||up to 98.2%|
|Bacteria, Cysts, Microorganisms||99.9%|
|Full Lab Results||Click Here|
Does Clearly Filtered remove fluoride?
That’s a resounding yes! In fact, it’s on our list of top-rated fluoride water filter pitchers.
The Clearly Filtered water pitcher made a splash on the scene for a reason: it’s in the conversation for the most powerful water filter pitcher currently available and looks to only be gaining traction as more and more people realize how effective it is.
Clearly Filtered Water Bottle Core Features & Overview
|Clearly Filtered Water Bottle
- Keep in mind, the bottle is not made to drink water in the wild and is compatible with municipally-treated water. The greatest advantage of this bottle over a survival straw is its ability to remove fluoride at an impressive rate.
- This bottle is perfect for the gym, school, or taking with you to places where there’s a water fountain.
- We recommend the Seychelle water filter bottle for people who are interested in an alkaline water filter bottle.
What to expect?
As part of our analysis for each product we review, we dive deep into the current info to identify trends. We then pass along our findings to you to help you make the most informed buying decision. Here’s what we concluded:
- Be sure to check the dimensions of your fridge door to ensure the pitcher will fit (pitcher dimensions: 10″ Height x 11.5″ Width x 5.25″ Depth).
- You’ll most likely love the taste of Clearly Filtered water, especially if your tap water has a heavy chlorine odor and taste.
- The instructions are easy to follow to prepare the filter and cleaning the pitcher is easy-peasy.
- There are a handful of leak issues to be aware of.
- The filtering time is anywhere from 5 – 15 minutes, which is okay for most people since the pitcher capacity is rather large.
- You may discover that Clearly Filtered lives up to its name of making crystal-clear drinking water.
- The cover can fall off while pouring
- The Clearly Filtered customer service team appears engaged and eager to help.
- You may appreciate the new feature that blocks unfiltered water from mixing with filtered water when you pour.
- The convenience of the bottle along with the filtered water quality
- Overall, we trust the Clearly Filtered brand mainly because they’re more transparent than a lot of other companies. They go the extra distance to post lab test results and quickly respond to customer queries.
Zero Water vs Clearly Filtered
Another popular water pitcher brand is ZeroWater, and their aim is to sell you the idea that 0 TDS water is the healthiest water on the planet. Unfortunately, this is 100% untrue since you’d be hard-pressed to discover 0 TDS water anywhere in nature.
Also, we’ve noticed that ZeroWater has created a misconception among the public that ppm is an accurate measure of water quality. This is also 100% untrue. A ppm meter cannot detect all water contaminants. In other words, it’s possible for 0 TDS water to be contaminated.
With that out of the way, I’ll list the key differences between the Clearly Filtered pitcher and Zero Water pitcher:
Clearly Filtered vs Zero Water: Key Differences
- Clearly Filtered uses a patented Ionic-Adsorption micro-filtration process to selectively remove all water contaminants while leaving essential minerals such as calcium and magnesium intact. Zero Water uses an indiscriminate form of ion-exchange resin that strips all minerals from your tap water to reach 0 TDS, similar to reverse osmosis filtration, yet far inferior.
- One thing we found during our research is that ion-exchange resin is a great breeding ground for bacteria. We find it interesting that ZeroWater does not use the common filter media “KDF-55” for its antibacterial properties to inhibit bacterial growth in ZeroWater filters. We feel this partly explains the short life of ZeroWater filters.
- The Clearly Filtered filter life is a lot longer: ZeroWater filters sometimes last just 10 days compared to 3-4 months with Clearly Filtered.
- The Clearly Filtered pitcher costs more upfront, although, depending on your water quality, you may end up spending a small fortune to replace ZeroWater filters. Clearly Filtered replacement filters cost more, yet last much longer.
- Clearly Filtered posts its lab test results with fluoride reduction rates, while ZeroWater merely claims to remove fluoride in its FAQ without providing evidence.
- You may find that ZeroWater reduces water pH since it strips the alkaline minerals from your water that act as pH buffers. Clearly Filtered filters do not significantly affect pH. Most people prefer the taste of alkaline water over acidic water.
- The Clearly Filtered pitcher is better for people with chloramine-treated municipal water. According to ZeroWater, chloramine reduces the already short life of their filter.
- ZeroWater does do an excellent job of removing impurities. The problem is ZeroWater filters remove everything, including healthy minerals. Clearly Filtered filters remove more contaminants and leave essential minerals intact.
Replacement Filter Cost Comparison
Clearly filtered is the winner all the way!
Our Clearly Filtered Review
By now, you can probably already tell that we’re fans of the Clearly Filtered filter and the company. However, to keep things fair, we want to share both our likes and dislikes because no company is perfect.
- The main feature we like about Clearly Filtered is that the filter leaves essential minerals intact. This makes for better-tasting healthier drinking water.
- The Affinity Filtration Technology is sound and is actually similar to what ZeroWater uses, except better. This affinity filtration technology is cutting edge, and we’ve noticed that more water filtration companies are adopting it. In layman’s terms, the filter removes the bad stuff and leaves the good stuff.
- We prefer to buy water filtration products that are made in the USA and appreciate it when companies including Clearly Filtered don’t cut corners or cut costs by buying filters from China and reselling them. Seychelle, Clearly Filtered, and APEC all manufacture their gear in the USA.
- BPA-Free, BPS-Free, and Tritan plastic materials are the current gold standard.
- The long filter life
- The impressive list of NSF/ANSI Standards: while Clearly Filtered does independently test instead of working directly with NSF, we do feel their lab test results are legit.
- The customer service team appears engaged and ready to help.
- The 90-Day Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee
- Lastly, we like the new Clearly Filtered water bottle a lot. It reminds us of the Seychelle filter bottle, minus the alkaline element.
- Leaks and lid malfunctioning
- The upfront cost of the pitcher is a bit higher than comparable brands.
Overall Score: 9/10
Is there a Clearly Filtered water pitcher scam?
We want to briefly address this question before concluding our review. No, Clearly Filtered is not a scam. They manufacture their filtration products in the USA and post their lab test results conducted by Envirotek Laboratories, Wilmington, DE with the lab’s contact information.
This is about as transparent as a water filter company gets. Buy their products with confidence.
After reading through the Clearly Filtered info and conducting our own analysis, we’re confident that Clearly Filtered is one of the best water filter brands. In the world of water filtration, you usually get what you pay for when buying from a legitimate company.
If you live in an area of the country with known contamination, such as Flint, MI, the Clearly Filtered pitcher is an excellent choice for contaminant removal.
Is it overkill? If you live in an area with safe drinking water and already have a water filtration system installed in your home, then yes, the Clearly Filtered filter may be more than you need.
Overall, it’s a top-of-the-line water filter and undoubtedly one of the most powerful and thorough currently on the market.