Welcome to our complete Waterdrop filters review. In this buyer’s guide, you’ll discover everything you need to know about Waterdrop refrigerator water filters, the Waterdrop faucet filter, and Waterdrop Extream pitcher.
With all the water filters on the market these days, you can never be too sure about what you’re buying without putting the time into researching products. That’s why we’re here to help you save time by doing the research for you.
Everyone loves the convenience of a refrigerator water filter, but not everyone loves tracking down replacements directly from the manufacturer or paying for overpriced OEM filters.
Our guide includes all the essential information, including a list of refrigerator brands that are compatible with Waterdrop filters. The good news is Waterdrop filters are compatible with most major appliance brands, and we’ve already put in the time to create a chart that’ll make it easy for you to choose the best Waterdrop refrigerator filter for your home.
Let’s start with the chart.
Waterdrop Refrigerator Water Filter Comparison Chart
- The key differences between the three filter types are the NSF ratings that indicate the contaminants each filter is certified to remove, plus the quality of the carbon block
- The filters come in packs of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6
Compatible Refrigerator Models
As we mentioned earlier, Waterdrop refrigerator filters are compatible with most major major appliance brands. Here’s a list of brands that accept Waterdrop filters:
How to Choose a Waterdrop Refrigerator Filter
The best way to find the correct filter for your fridge is to first locate your refrigerator model number. The model number is printed on a plate inside your fridge and listed in the owner’s manual.
Once you find your model number, navigate to Amazon #ad and search for the word “Waterdrop” along with your model number (e.g. Waterdrop GE SmartWater MWF).
Once you find your filter and navigate to the product page, there’s an option at the top of the page to verify your model number.
After you finish those steps, you know for sure that the Waterdrop filter is compatible with your refrigerator.
What to expect?
When we compiled our list below, we read through all the available information to identify positive and negative trends. Here’s what we found:
- Pay close to the positioning of the old filter when removing it to ensure a smooth installation
- You’re unlikely to notice any difference between these filters and OEM filters
- Expect cost savings compared to buying OEM
- There’s a slight chance that you may receive a faulty filter. Always check for leaks during the first days after installation.
- Works well in conjunction with an icemaker
Our Final Score: 8/10
Waterdrop Faucet Filter Review
Waterdrop also makes a faucet filter. In this section, I’ll go over the key features of the Waterdrop faucet filter before sharing our review.
- .5-Micron Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF) Filter
- Filter Life: 320 Gallons or 3 Months
- Flow Rate: .5 gallons per minute
- Fits standard faucets, doesn’t fit pull-out, hand-held, or spray-style faucets
- The filter removes chlorine, fluoride, lead, and other contaminants while leaving beneficial minerals intact
- 30-Day Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee
Our Final Score: 6.5/10
Does the Waterdrop faucet filter make water alkaline? No, it does not, but the good news is that it leaves beneficial alkaline minerals intact. This means that it doesn’t make your water acidic either.
We recommend learning how to choose an alkaline water dispenser for better alkaline water filtration options at affordable prices.
Waterdrop Extream Water Filter Pitcher Review
The final product in our Waterdrop filters review is the Waterdrop Extream water pitcher. We have a lot of experience researching and reviewing water filter pitchers, and we’re confident that our unbiased review will lead you to the best buying decision.
- BPA-Free Shatter-Proof Tritan Plastic
- Large 10-Cup Capacity
- Long Filter Life: 200 gallons or 90 days
- Japanese Activated Carbon Fiber Filter
- Fast filtration speed of .5 gallons per minute
- NSF 61 certified ion exchange resin for effective limescale and water hardness reduction
- Electronic Filter Change Reminder on Lid
- Attractive Easy-Grip Wooden Handle
- Dimensions: 10.6″ Width x 4.5″ Depth x 10.8″ Height
Our Final Score: 7/10
A handful of people had trouble finding replacement filters. Click Here #ad or the image below to view the 3-pack of replacement filters currently available:
Are you interested in water filter pitchers that make water alkaline? Our alkaline water pitcher reviews will help you find the best option for your home.
After reading through all the current Waterdrop info and researching the company’s full line of products, we give them a thumbs up. Are they the best company out there? We don’t think so. Are they a solid budget option that makes a quality home water filter? Yes, we think so.
Waterdrop refrigerator water filters are certainly the company’s most reliable and highest quality products. The extensive number of positive reports is enough to prove to us that it’s worth buying Waterdrop filters for your fridge to save money compared to expensive OEM filters.
Of the three products, the Waterdrop faucet filter impressed us the least due to the number of leak issues. If the company irons out that problem, we think the faucet filter is a worthy buy. As for the Extream pitcher, we believe it’s a good alternative to Brita and PUR pitchers.