Welcome to our Icepure water filter review. Today, we’ll investigate this generic refrigerator water filter brand to see how it stands up to OEM filters. We’re lucky enough to live in a time where we can buy almost anything online, and smart buying decisions lead to big annual savings. A lot of people are fed up with overpaying for OEM refrigerator filters that can cost 4 or 5 times more than their generic counterparts.
While we are lucky enough to have easy access to a wide range of products online, that doesn’t mean every product is a good one or the feedback for the said product is real. Here at Alkaline Water Machine Source, we do the sleuthing so you don’t have to.
In our Icepure water filter review, we’ll explore the 3 Icepure filter types, compatible refrigerator brands, our review, and discuss alternative filters. Let’s start with our spec comparison chart.
Icepure Refrigerator Water Filter Comparison Chart
- The contaminants listed in the “Removes” line are certified reduction numbers. The filters also reduce chromium, arsenic, chloride, Benzene, Phenols, sediment, rust, and other larger particles.
- The ICEPURE PRO filter is the most powerful of the 3 filters. The Golden and standard models have the same specs. Your choice between the Golden and standard filters depends on matching the correct filter to your refrigerator. Overall, the Golden Icepure filter has the least number of sales of the 3 models.
- The filters are available in packs of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Warranty & Return Policy: Icepure offers a six-month return policy and warranty against defects in materials and/or workmanship.
Compatible Refrigerator Models
Icepure filters are compatible with most major refrigerator brands. Here’s the list of brands we put together:
How to Choose an Icepure Refrigerator Filter
The first step is to track down your refrigerator model number. Major brands typically install a plate inside the fridge with the model number on it. A second place to look for the model number is inside the owner’s manual.
Once you locate the model number, it’s a good idea to write it down or put it in your smartphone notes for later use.
The second step is to match your model number to the correct filter. Search for “Icepure” and your “model number” at Amazon. On most of the filter product pages, Amazon has an option to verify that you’re buying the correct filter.
At the top of the Amazon product page #ad, you’ll see a place to input your model number.
This is the best way to ensure you’re buying the correct filter. If you want to go a step further, we recommend running a search with your model number. You may find a current user with the same model as you who can verify whether the filter fits and works properly.
Our Icepure Water Filter Review
We went into our Icepure water filter review with low expectations, and the deeper we voyaged the more Icepure surprised us. In this section I share our review in two parts:
- We love the thought of saving money just as much as everyone else. In the case of OEM refrigerator filters, we feel this isn’t a “ya get what ya pay for” scenario. The quality of the filtered water remains the same with Icepure filters.
- The six-month return window and warranty are nice to see in case the filter doesn’t fit your fridge. As we mentioned earlier, it’s a good idea to check if someone with the same model fridge already verified that the filter works.
- The filters are easy to install.
- Activated carbon filtration does a great job of removing contaminants and improving the taste of water.
- The NSF/ANSI certifications are always preferred when investing in a water filter.
- The flow rate is good with the Icepure filter, and it’s compatible with icemakers.
- The chance of receiving an incompatible filter
Overall, we give Icepure generic refrigerator water filters a thumbs up.
Our Final Score: 8/10
Icepure refrigerator water filters are a worthy alternative to expensive OEM filters, and a majority of owners have reported no drop in the quality of their filtered water since switching to Icepure. In the same breath, don’t expect the world from a generic water filter.
Were you unable to match an Icepure filter to your refrigerator? We recommend our Waterdrop refrigerator water filter review for additional options.