Good morning, I’m your host, Pete. It’s another lovely day outside, and I’m feeling excellent after my morning tea and pH 9.0 water. This morning, I’m sharing our take on a new brand with our Chanson Violet water ionizer review.
This is our first Chanson water ionizer review, and it surely won’t be our last. Chanson is a company I had the pleasure of stumbling upon while I lived in Taiwan. There was a Chanson brand store near my apartment in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Once I’d begun drinking alkaline water on a daily basis, I strolled into the Chanson store to take a peek at their ionizers, and I instantly liked what I saw.
I could tell right off that Chanson designed some of the best alkaline water machines in Asia. All the models looked appealing, but it’s what’s on the inside that counts the most, right?
There are several unique features that Chanson hangs their hat on I haven’t seen offered by other water ionizer brands.
Now, without further ado, let’s see what the Chanson Violet (model PL-B502) water ionizer has to offer.
Chanson’s Violet is the company’s most economical water ionizer. Below is a breakdown of the key features offered by this model:
- 3-Year “Bumper to Bumper” Warranty: This covers repair & replacement costs due to manufacturing defects.
- The attractive silver body should suit any kitchen decor. We especially like the rounded corners that make for a sleeker overall design.
- 1 Chemical-Free, Silver-Impregnated Activated Carbon Filter: Silver possesses natural antimicrobial properties to keep the filter free of harmful bacteria during its life.
- Chanson engineers designed the Chanson Violet to run on lower wattage to prolong the life of the electrodes.
- An automatic self-cleaning function that sets the cleaning cycle. The Violet detects which cycle is best for your water on its own. The cleaning cycle runs each time you turn the machine off. Plus, there’s an auto-flush function when you start the unit that clears any residual water in the hose.
- An auto-adjust function that automatically changes the machine’s settings according to your water’s needs. This feature helps to keep the pH consistently accurate.
- Chanson ionizers use efficient titanium plate technology to increase the effective surface area.
- Includes a free pH test kit
- Filter Life Indicator
- Five 99.998% Pure Titanium Plates Nano-Plated with Platinum
- pH Range: 3 to 10.5
- ORP Range: +1000 mV to -825 mV
- Dimensions: 8.86″ x 4.72″ x 13″ (WxDxH)
- Weight: 12 lbs
- Installation Options: countertop or wall-mounted
- Filter Life: 10 to 12 months
- 7 Water Settings: 4 alkaline, 2 acidic, and 1 neutral pH
- Flow Rate: 2.0 to 2.5 liters per minute @ 45 psi incoming water pressure
- Operation: 5 to 95 psi and 41º to 103º F
- Voltage: 110 to 220V
Chanson Violet Installation
The countertop installation of the Chanson Violet is simple for everyone. Chanson includes all the parts you need for both the countertop and wall-mounted installations.
The following video demonstrates how to install the Chanson Revolution. Follow the same steps to install your Chanson Violet water ionizer:
Chanson Replacement Filters
The Violet water ionizer uses a single activated carbon filter that’s one of our favorite on the market. Unlike most water ionizer brands, Chanson uses silver-impregnated activated carbon to prevent harmful bacteria from entering your ionized water.
Chanson’s replacement filter, model PJ-6000, has the following benefits compared to standard activated carbon filters:
- Up to 20X more absorbent
- Food-grade unwoven fiber
- 150X more surface area than a normal carbon filter
- Absorbs liquid 10X faster
- It does a better job of removing bacteria, fungi, and harmful chemicals from tap water
|1st Stage Filter|
|Avg. life||10-12 months or 525 gallons|
|Filter Media Type||Silver-Impregnated Activated Carbon|
Chanson Violet Reviews: Good or Bad?
Chanson is lesser-known in the United States, though, the company has a strong presence in Asia. Here are some key points to consider before choosing a Chanson water ionizer:
- Very well packaged
- Smooth and straightforward operation
- Good value for the price compared to expensive models, including Kangen Water
- Customer service marks are more mixed compared to other brands we’ve reviewed
- Chanson countertop ionizers are more compact with a smaller footprint
- Compared to the dated designs of other water ionizers, the Chanson Violet ionizer has a more modern appeal
The Chanson Violet water ionizer may not be as popular as other budget water ionizers on the market, but we believe it’s worthy of your consideration. As I mentioned earlier, I had the chance to see Chanson ionizers in person while living in Taiwan, and I really liked what I saw.
Lastly, If you like the Chanson Violet machine, you might also want to consider the popular Chanson Miracle Water Ionizer. The Miracle is a step up the ladder in price and power compared to the Violet model.