Welcome to our Aqua Earth shower filter review. The Aqua Earth filter is a 15-stage filter that removes a wide range of water contaminants. More and more dermatitis and dandruff sufferers are reaching to shower filters after failing to find relief with traditional treatments. If one thing is for sure, showering in hot, steamy chlorinated water isn’t good for anyone.
An effective shower filter quickly removes chlorine from your water before it reaches your skin. If you’re tired of itchy dry skin, dandruff, dermatitis, frizzy hair, and other nagging skin conditions, a quality shower filter could be your answer.
In this review and guide, we’ll explore the core features of the Aqua Earth shower filter, current Aqua Earth info, decide if it’s the best shower filter for dermatitis, and wrap up with our review.
Aqua Earth 15-Stage Shower Filter Features & Overview
Aqua Earth Shower Filter
- The filter will not reduce water pressure, and you may even notice an increase in water pressure.
- The main benefits people experience are softer skin, shinier hair, and no more chlorine smell.
- Vitamin C and KDF-55 filter media work to repair damaged hair and moisturize your skin.
- Aqua Earth recommends their filter for children with sensitive skin.
- Be sure to flush the filter to remove any carbon dust before you take your first shower.
Now let’s check out the current info to see what to expect from the Aqua Earth shower filter.
What to expect?
As part of our analysis for each product we review, we investigate current info to identify positive and negative trends. We then pass our findings along to you to help you make the most informed buying decision.
Considering Aqua Earth makes several bold health benefit claims in its product description, is this shower filter delivering on its promises?
Here’s what we concluded:
- One of the greatest advantages of this filter is the low price compared to other shower filters on the market. There’s a good chance that you’ll feel as though you got your money’s worth, especially since it comes with two filters.
- Installation is easy and does not require a plumber or any tools.
- If your water has a strong chlorine odor, expect the Aqua Earth shower filter to remove it starting from day one.
- You may experience healthier skin and hair within the first few days of using the filter.
- The filter is compatible with well water and hard water.
- Be aware that a cheap TDS meter doesn’t accurately measure water quality, and this showerhead does not reduce PPM. It may even raise PPM since it adds minerals and Vitamin C to your shower water. A better way to measure the effectiveness of the filter is to use DPD-1 chlorine test strips.
- Topical dermatitis and eczema sufferers may find relief from the Aqua Earth filter.
- Overall, the Aqua Earth info is positive, and the company appears to be legit.
Aqua Earth Installation Video
- Flush the filter under a faucet for roughly 20 seconds or until the water turns clear
- Carefully remove your existing showerhead
- Clean the threaded end of the existing shower arm by removing any old tape or debris
- Use the Teflon tape included with the Aqua Earth shower filter to tightly wrap the thread of the shower arm (2-3 passes around the thread)
- Install the 2 included o-rings into each end of the Aqua Earth filter
- Hand tighten the Aqua Earth showerhead onto the shower arm that you wrapped with the fresh Teflon tape
- Hand tighten your existing showerhead onto the male end of the Aqua Earth showerhead (do not overtighten)
Our Aqua Earth Shower Filter Review
Now, it’s time for our two cents. Is Aqua Earth the best shower filter for dermatitis or are there better options? If you suffer from dermatitis, you know how important it is to keep your skin hydrated. Here’s what we concluded. I separated our review into two parts: our likes and our dislikes.
- We’re unsure whether the Aqua Earth filter removes chloramines since there’s a discrepancy between the video and the product description. The gentleman in the video mentions chlorine only. Chloramine removal requires a special type of steam-activated granular activated carbon (GAC). Since more and more municipalities are beginning to use chloramine, we recommend verifying if your water is treated with chloramines. If it is, a better option is the Pelican shower filter that’s tested to remove chloramines.
- The filter is made in China. We prefer to buy American-made water filters when we can.
- It’s hard to believe that this shower filter removes fluoride since fluoride removal is tricky, especially at an accelerated flow rate. However, we’re not concerned about fluoride in our shower water. We only wanted to point out that part of the ad since it appears suspect.
- There’s no water analysis report provided by Aqua Earth to confirm what the filter removes along with the reduction rates. For example, Pelican provides water analysis reports and NSF/ANSI Standards. Aqua Earth doesn’t provide either.
- Aqua Earth replacement filters aren’t easy to track down, and the cost of a 2-pack equals the cost of a new starter package that comes with two filters (Click Here #ad for the Amazon product page).
- For the price, we love this filter. It’s hard to beat what you get for the price with this system, especially considering the superb feedback. It’s hard to find any negatives.
- Despite our dislikes, we find it hard to ask for the world in return for this price.
- The addition of Vitamin C, alkaline minerals for a pH balancing effect, and coconut shell activated carbon for chlorine removal make this a great filter for dermatitis sufferers. There are more than a handful of dermatitis sufferers who found relief with this filter after nothing else seemed to work.
- Overall, the feedback is a lot better than what we found when we investigated the more well-known Aquabliss shower filter. We feel the Aqua Earth could be a better option.
- Installation is quite easy. Anyone should be up for the task.
- We found no flow rate complaints.
- KDF-55 filter media is a worthy addition for chlorine removal and its antibacterial properties to keep the shower filter mold-free during its long life.
Final Score: 7.5/10
Is Aqua Earth the best shower filter for dermatitis? We feel that this shower filter is definitely in the conversation for best shower filter for dermatitis, and at this price point, it’s certainly worth a try.
After reading through the current Aqua Earth shower filter info and conducting our own analysis, we’re confident that this is a great budget shower filter that’ll give you your money’s worth. It’s easy to install, comes with two filters, and will last you nearly a year after the initial purchase. What more could you ask for at this price?