Welcome to our AquaHomeGroup review and AquaHomeGroup vs Aquabliss comparison. This relatively unknown company manufactures the popular “15-Stage Shower Filter with Vitamin C for Hard Water” and “Luxury Filtered Shower Head.” They also sell the two filters together as a set that makes for an interesting mix.
This month is shower filter review month here at AWMS, and we’ve investigated just about every shower filter on the market. We’ll tell you upfront that the AquaHomeGroup set is one of the more intriguing filters currently available, but does it work? That’s one of the primary questions we answer in our review.
Let’s start with the core features of the AquaHomeGroup Luxury Filtered Shower Head Set before moving on to the current AquaHomeGroup info to see what to expect. After that, we share our AquaHomeGroup vs Aquabliss comparison and final score for this unique shower filter.
AquaHomeGroup Luxury Filtered Shower Head Set Overview
|Model||Features & Highlights|
|AquaHomeGroup Luxury Filtered Shower Head w/ 15-Stage Filter (AHG12S)||
What to expect?
As part of our analysis for each product we review, we take a close look at current info to identify the pros and cons of owning a product. We then pass our findings along to you to help you avoid buying a defective product.
Here’s what we concluded after investigating Aqua Home Group:
- You’ll most likely love the way the rain-style shower feels against your skin. A nice even flow with no noticeable drop in water pressure can be expected.
- One of the primary reasons we ranked this shower filter #1 on our list of best shower filters for hair is the positive effect it’s having on skin. It helps to relieve dry itchy skin due to chlorinated and/or hard water.
- Brassy-colored stains on blonde hair can be eliminated.
- Installation is quite easy.
- If you have hard water, this filter is certainly a top shower filter currently on the market for hard water with its high number of filtration stages and a comprehensive blend of filtration media.
- Softer feeling water after installing this filter.
- If you’re dealing with foul chlorine odor or iron bacteria-related odors (sulfur scent) from well water, the AquaHomeGroup filter could be the answer to eliminating those rank odors.
- One drawback to owning this filter could be a higher water bill. We recommend remedying this problem by adjusting the incoming water pressure since the AquaHomeGroup showerhead does not have an adjustable flow.
- You may feel like you’re showering in a five-star hotel bathroom.
- Overall, the AquaHomeGroup Luxury Filtered Shower Head is a winner
AquaHomeGroup vs Aquabliss
Another popular shower filter for hair and skin is the Aquabliss SF100. We previously wrote an Aquabliss Shower Filter Review, and it too is one of our favorite shower filters currently on the market.
Below, we created a head-to-head comparison chart to give you an idea of what makes these two shower filters different.
Here are several key considerations we made before choosing a winner since these filters are very similar:
- Replacement filters cost roughly the same for both brands. One thing we like a lot about both of these filters is the replacement filter cost is lower than competing brands.
- Both brands have amazing feedback, especially for boosting hair, skin, and nail health.
- These filters contain essentially the same blend of minerals and filtration media types. The only difference is the Aquabliss SF100 contains tourmaline and zeolite.
- Vitamin C shower filters are a great choice for hair & skin health, and we love the addition of the Vitamin C + E showerhead with the AquaHomeGroup combo package.
- One drawback to the AquaHomeGroup filter is the short warranty period, although, at this price point, we’re not too concerned about it.
- The upfront cost for both filters is essentially the same, with the AquaHomeGroup costing more since it includes the Vitamin C showerhead.
We give a slight edge to AquaHomeGroup because we love the addition of the Vitamin C rainfall showerhead. The addition of the showerhead turns boring showers into a five-star spa-like experience.
Overall, both filters are a great choice. It’s up to you whether you want to use your existing showerhead with the Aquabliss SF100 or choose the complete AquaHomeGroup luxury package.
Our AquaHomeGroup Review
We’ll wrap up our review and comparison guide with our two cents. Since no product is perfect, I want to include what we don’t like about this filter as well.
- This product is made in China. Does that mean it’s junk? No, but we do prefer to buy American-made water filters whenever possible.
- We would like to see a water analysis report for this filter to confirm chlorine reduction rates and other contaminant removal rates. The product is not tested to meet NSF/ANSI Standards 42 or 177 for chlorine reduction. While this isn’t a dealbreaker for us, we do like to see authentic independent or NSF test results.
- A dual-flow option would be nice to have for better water flow control.
- This filter does not remove chloramines. We recommend checking for chloramines, and if you need to filter chloramines, our guide on choosing the best shower filter for chloramine is an excellent resource.
- We love the multi-stage filtration with the addition of the Vitamin C + E filtered showerhead. The AquaHomeGroup Luxury Filtered Shower Head is currently the best filter on the market with this combination.
- The price is right for the package, and the replacement filter costs are relatively low compared to competing brands.
- We like that the filter housing is built with real metal instead of cheap plastic parts.
- You’re likely to experience the hair & skin benefits that people seek when they invest in a shower filter.
Final Score: 8/10
If you want to turn your shower experience into a spa experience, the AquaHomeGroup filter is the filter for you. With its multi-stage filtration and Vitamin C + E showerhead, it delivers all the hair, skin, and nail benefits that a quality shower filter should deliver.
Whether you have hard well water or chlorinated tap water, the AquaHomeGroup filter combo will get the job done.
- If you’re serious about chlorine removal and want the highest reduction rates, we recommend our list of the best chlorine shower filters.