Chanson Miracle MAX Royale Review
Are you on the hunt for unbiased Chanson Miracle MAX Royale reviews? Well, you’re in the right place. I’m your host, Hercules, and I created this site (AWMS) to save you time and deliver you in-depth, honest water ionizers reviews that you can trust.
In today’s guide, I share my comprehensive Chanson Miracle MAX Royale review as a continuation of yesterday’s Miracle MAX Plus review. What’s the difference between the MAX Plus and the Royale? The main difference is the Royale is an under counter ionizer while the MAX Plus is a countertop ionizer.
You may also be wondering if the Royale is a better choice than a Kangen water machine? I promise by the end of my review, you’ll know for sure if the Royale is the one for you.
We’ll go over the Royale’s key features, installation, replacement filters, warranty, find out more about Chanson, check current Chanson Miracle MAX Royale reviews, and of course, I’ll share my review with a list of pros and cons.
Are you ready to get started? Let’s begin with the key features…
- 7 Platinum-Coated Titanium Plates (Made in Japan)
- pH Range: 2.7 – 11.3
- ORP Range: +900 to -820
- A smartphone-inspired LCD touchscreen at the stainless steel faucet (Choose your water levels and monitor your pH & ORP right from your sink)
- 8 Water Settings (4 Alkaline, 1 Filtered Neutral Water, 3 Acidic)
- Water flow control valve allows you to dial in the exact flow you need to get the ORP and pH you desire
- Single PJ-6000 silver-impregnated activated carbon filter (Expected life of 9 to 12 months) (Made in Japan)
- Filter life indicator
- RAD Self-Cleaning Function – runs each time you finish using the machine to prevent calcium buildup and to ensure you don’t drink standing water on your next visit
- Auto shutoff function to prevent flooding
- Mineral insert port allows you to add Himalayan salt to make strong acidic water for household cleaning (tested to kill E. coli and staph bacteria on contact)
- Food-grade and BPA-free parts
- Ionizer Dimensions: 12″ Height x 9.74″ Width x 5.52″ Depth
- Faucet Dimensions: 9.25″ Height x 6.7″ Depth (Requires 1 3/8″ – 1 1/2″ hole in sink or countertop to install)
- Touchscreen Dimensions: 3.75″ Height x 2.56″ Width x .79″ Depth
- Weight: Ionizer 7.5 lbs, Faucet 2.87 lbs
- Warranty: 10-year on parts, 5-year on parts & labor
- 60-day money back guarantee
- Manufactured in Taiwan in ISO 9001:2000 certified factories with Japanese-made electrode plates and filters
Where does Chanson manufacture its ionizers?
There’s a lot of debate regarding the quality of ionizers made outside of South Korea and Japan. Japan and South Korea regulate alkaline water machine production and certify ionizers as medical devices.
Water ionizer experts agree that the best water ionizers are made in Japan and Southe Korea. Does this mean Chanson’s ionizers are junk since they’re made in Taiwan? No.
While I have seen a handful of ionizer companies that manufacture alkaline water machines in China without the medical device certification, I don’t put Chanson Ionizers in the same class.
- Taiwan and China are two different entities with completely different quality standards. I had the pleasure of living in Taiwan, and it’s without a doubt, not China. The Taiwanese take offense to being lumped into the same category as China.
- Chanson’s factories and products have the same ISO quality certifications as other leading brands including Enagic Kangen, AlkaViva, Tyent, and Life Ionizers.
- Chanson uses Japanese-made platinum-coated titanium plates and Japanese-made filters. Japan produces and manufactures the highest quality ionizer parts in the world.
- They’ve been in business since 1979. Chanson is a company with a long track record that you can trust.
The bottom line is Chanson is a legit company manufacturing legit ionizers for $1,000s less than Enagic Kangen charges for their machines with similar specifications.
The video below gives you a deeper look into Chanson:
Miracle MAX Royale Replacement Filters
The Miracle MAX Royale uses a single filter, which is unlike most other ionizers on the market that use a dual-filter setup. A single-filter setup has several advantages and disadvantages.
What type of filter does the Royale use?
The Royale uses Chanson’s PJ-6000 filter. The PJ-6000 contains silver-impregnated activated carbon from Japan. Why silver? Silver has proven antibacterial properties that boost the purity of your alkaline ionized drinking water from the Royale.
What does the PJ-6000 filter remove?
The activated carbon removes chlorine, chloramines, VOCs, heavy metals, lead, bacteria, viruses, and other contaminants.
Where to buy Miracle MAX Royale filters?
Currently, the best place to buy the PJ-6000 filter is online through Amazon. Current Chanson Ionizer owners who bought replacements through Amazon have all left 5-star reviews.
Click here to read more and check the current lowest price for the PJ-6000 filter at Amazon.
How long is the filter life?
Depending on your source water, the filter typically lasts 9 to 12 months or 528 gallons. If you live in an area with hard water, you’ll want to install a prefilter system to prolong the life of the PJ-6000 filter.
Do you need additional filters?
Do you currently use a whole-house filter? If you have a whole-house filter, you may not need to install any additional filters.
Do you use a reverse osmosis filtration system? If you currently have a reverse osmosis water filtration system, you can install an inline remineralization cartridge to make it compatible with the MAX Royale.
Why do you need to remineralize reverse osmosis water? In order for your ionizer to do its job properly, you need to have some minerals in your water.
Here are your best options:
Three-stage prefilter with fluoride removal (Click Here or the image below to read more at Amazon):
Whole-house filter (Click Here or the image below to check price and read more):
Reverse osmosis system with remineralization (Click Here or the image below to check price and read more):
The reason I recommend the reverse osmosis system above is that it remineralizes your water with a wider range of alkaline minerals including calcium, potassium, and magnesium. Other systems sometimes add calcium only to boost pH.
Points to remember:
- The PJ-6000 filter does not remove fluoride (most ionizer filters do not remove fluoride)
- It’s best to pair the Chanson MAX Royale with a prefilter system
- A prefilter system will increase the life of your PJ-6000 filter significantly
- Your MAX Royale has a filter life indicator to remind you when to buy a new filter
Since the MAX Royale is an under counter water ionizer, the installation involves several more steps than a countertop ionizer.
Note: You need a 1 3/8″ to 1 1/2″ hole at your sink or countertop to pass through the faucet.
Most sinks have existing holes for soap dispensers or other water filtration faucets. You can simply remove the soap dispenser or existing filter faucet and replace it with the Royale faucet.
The Royale stainless steel faucet doesn’t replace your exisiting main faucet. You should never run hot water through your ionizer. Instead, you’ll have your existing main faucet and the second Royale faucet for your ionized water.
The video below gives you an idea of what the Royale faucet looks like after you install it:
Tips for cutting the 1 3/8″ to 1 1/2″ hole:
The video below shows you exactly how to install the MAX Royale ionizer from start to finish:
The warranty is one of the most important things to consider when purchasing an ionizer since an ionizer is a large investment. I prefer to stick with brands that offer lifetime warranties.
The Chanson MAX Royale comes with a 10-year warranty on parts and a 5-year warranty on both parts & labor.
Here are several key points to consider about the Chanson warranty and return policies:
- Keep your original receipt
- Register your ionizer with Chanson within 60 days of purchase
- Chanson covers ground shipping both ways for any problems within the first 60 days
- 60-day money back guarantee (10% restocking fee)
Now that you know everything about this ionizer, let’s move to the Chanson Miracle MAX Royale reviews and my review.
Chanson Miracle MAX Royale Reviews
I always like to see what current owners are saying about an ionizer before I write my review. Are people experiencing the alkaline water benefits everyone is after? Is the ionizer functioning properly without any headaches?
After scouring the internet for reviews, I couldn’t find many Chanson Miracle MAX Royale reviews. Here’s what I did find:
- One verified buyer said, “so far so good.” The person has been able to achieve an alkaline pH of 10 and acidic pH of 5. It’s unclear whether the person tried to use Himalayan salt to achieve lower acidic pH water for household cleaning.
Here’s one helpful review by a health coach:
What did you think of the Chanson Miracle MAX Royale reviews? Now, it’s time for my review.
My Chanson Miracle MAX Royale Review
I’ll tell you up front that the Royale ionizer is one of the more exciting under counter ionizers I’ve come across over the past year.
To make my review easy for you to read, I’ll break it into two parts: my likes and my dislikes.
- I’m a huge fan of the smartphone-inspired LCD touchscreen design. It’s right up there with the touchscreen featured on Tyent's UCE-11 ionizer.
- I also really like how the Royale uses only one stream of water to run alkaline water or acidic water. Other under counter ionizers have two streams at once. While I don’t think this a huge deal, I can see the possibility of someone getting confused and accidentally drinking acidic water. With the Royale faucet, you can lock the water setting and don’t have to worry about your guests accidentally drinking acidic water.
- The stainless steel faucet itself is the most attractive I’ve seen of all the ionizers I’ve reviewed.
- The ORP, pH and flow rate readings on the touchscreen are really cool. I love knowing the exact readings of my water without using any meters.
- In the gentleman’s video above in the reviews section, I like the high negative ORP reading for the pH 9.0 water. That means the Royale is indeed providing a healthy dose of anti-aging antioxidants in every glass of alkaline ionized water you drink.
- The self-cleaning function to prevent calcium buildup is a solid feature. I also like that you can do a citric acid cleansing without buying a separate citric acid cleaning cartridge.
- The Himalayan salt port is something I haven’t seen in any other ionizer. People often don’t realize that one of the greatest advantages of owning an ionizer is the ability to make acidic water too. Slightly acidic water is good for a lot of common plants. Acidic water also has household and cosmetic uses. You save money and avoid using chemicals to clean your home.
- The single-filter setup is less powerful than other ionizers with dual-filter setups. AlkaViva and Tyent filters are the most powerful I’ve seen on the market. AlkaViva filters remove 172 known water contaminants to virtually undetectable levels while Tyent uses .01 micron filtration (the same filtration level used in kidney dialysis machines).
- I’m confused about whether the Chanson M.A.X. Royale has molecular hydrogen boost. I see in the video that it says hydrogen-rich water, but I don’t see any confirmation in the product specifications. I plan to contact Chanson directly to see if they provide a molecular hydrogen reading for their water. In my opinion, molecular hydrogen boost or infusion is a must-have premium feature.
- I wish the warranty was a lifetime warranty instead of a 10-year warranty. Chanson’s warranty period is longer than Enagic Kangen yet shorter than Life Ionizers, AlkaViva, and Tyent’s.
Overall, I’m impressed by the Royale after watching it in action. While there aren’t many Chanson Miracle MAX Royale reviews available, I do like what I see in this ionizer.
It’s competitively priced for an under counter ionizer and has the most attractive faucet-touchscreen combo I’ve seen. I also really like that the faucet makes one stream of water at a time. The Royale is the only ionizer I’ve seen with that feature.
Are you in love with the Royale’s attractive stainless steel faucet and smartphone-inspired touchscreen?
Click here to check the current lowest price for the Royale at Amazon.
What did you think of the Chanson Miracle MAX Royale reviews and my review? Are you impressed? Let me know what you think in the comments section below.
You may also be interested in learning more about the under counter ionizers below:
Until next time, cheers!