Good evening fellow alkaline enthusiasts. In today’s article, I review Seychelle’s pH2O alkaline water filter pitcher. In my opinion, this is one of the best alkaline water pitchers on the market. The Seychelle company is an American alkaline water pioneer, and their American-made filters do a magnificent job of turning our tap water into purified alkaline water.
First, let’s take a look at the features of the pH2O pitcher.
- The pH2O pitcher comes in two different sizes: 32 oz. single filter pitcher and a 64 oz. dual filter pitcher
- Raises the pH of tap or well water up to 9.5
- BPA-free plastic parts
- USA-made filters purify 100 gallons each before needing to be replaced
- The filters remove both organic and inorganic contaminants including chlorine, fluoride, heavy metals, viruses, mercury, arsenic, and other harmful substances that can lurk in our tap water
- Seychelle developed filters that raise the pH of your drinking water indefinitely. Other brands only temporarily raise the pH, which means you aren’t getting all the alkaline water benefits you deserve when you invest in a pitcher.
- Comes in two sizes to fit in any size refrigerator
- Filter life indicator on the lid
- 32 oz. size weighs 1.6 lbs, 64 oz. size weighs 2.1 lbs
Click Here or the image below to check out the current price of the 32 oz. model at Amazon:
Click Here or the image below to check out the current price of the 64 oz. model at Amazon:
Ionic Adsorption Micro Filtration (IAMF) System
The pH2O uses Ionic Adsorption Micro Filtration (IAMF) Technology to safely purify your water and deliver exceptional tasting alkaline water.
During the filtration process, the Seychelle filters remove acidic contaminants while adding alkaline minerals. By adding alkaline minerals and stripping away acidity, Seychelle is able to provide alkaline water with a stable pH that won’t degrade after the water has been filtered.
The unique filtration process makes Seychelle one of the best water filter pitchers for well water. Other pitchers don’t do as thorough of a job as the pH2O.
For over 20 years, Seychelle has been researching and developing its filtration technology to provide superior purified water worldwide.
Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water
Seychelle lists the following benefits users of its pitcher may experience:
- Aids the body in maintaining a balanced and healthy pH level
- Improved digestion
- More effective hydration
- Provides daily essential minerals
- Aids the body’s daily detoxification of toxins
I’m a bit of a gym rat myself, and I drink alkaline water all day, every day. Since I’ve begun drinking it, I’ve noticed that I barely get sore even after my hardest 3-hour gym sessions. This allows me to train hard every time I step foot in the gym.
Seychelle Water Filter Replacements
Now for one of the most important parts: How often do you need to replace the filters? And how much do they cost?
If you choose to purchase the smaller 32 oz. model, you’ll only need to replace a single filter while the larger 64 oz. requires two filters.
Each filter can handle 100 gallons of water.
If you or your family drink 1 gallon of water each day, you’ll replace the filter in the 32 oz. model every 3 months and the filters in the 64 oz. model every 6 months.
Filter life equals approximately 3 months for the 32 oz. model and approximately 6 months for the dual-filter 64 oz. model.
Click Here or the image below to check the current price for a 2-pack of filters at Amazon:
Replacing the filters is easy. Simply unscrew the old filters and screw on the new filters after you’ve allowed them to soak. After the soak, run fresh tap water through the filters to activate them.
Now that you know how and when to replace the filters, let’s see what current owners are saying about their pH2O pitchers.
Seychelle pH2O Water Pitcher Reviews
- One person reported less tooth sensitivity after using the pH2O alkaline water to brew coffee. The same person also reported a reduction in heartburn symptoms. Lastly, the owner noted that the pitcher easily fits in the fridge and the 32 oz. size is enough for 1 to 2 people.
- One person is happy about saving money and room in the fridge after switching from bottled water to the pH2O pitcher.
- Another owner measured a boost in pH from 7 to 8.5
- One owner who has tested several alkaline water filter pitchers said the Seychelle pitcher is “by far the best one.” The person also complimented the great taste of the water.
- One user reported a pH reading of 9.4 using a digital pH meter.
- Several users reported that the filters move slower than they expected.
- A “very clean” tasting water
- “Can’t live without it!”
- Raised the pH of hard tap water to 9 for one family
The Seychelle pH2O alkaline water filter pitcher is certainly one of the best and most affordable alkaline water filters on the market.
Seychelle is a reputable and transparent company with a long track record.
Personally, I love buying products that are produced in the USA to support the domestic economy. It also gives me peace of mind knowing that I’m buying a product that does what it says it does.
Aside from producing alkaline water, I also look for filters that remove fluoride. Seychelle filters remove up to 90% of fluoride and 99.99% of chlorine, VOCs (volatile organic compounds), heavy metals and radon 222.
Not many filters on the market (or in this price range) do such a great job of filtering all the nasties out of our tap water and well water.
Current users are in love with theirs, and most of them are raving about how good the water tastes. The one downside is that the filters may move slower than a Brita, but at least you know they’re working!
Overall, I give the pH2O a big thumbs up. Buy this pitcher with confidence!