Welcome to our in-depth Sip by Swell review. In this article, we explore one of the more recent additions to the Swell lineup. By the end of our review, you’ll know for sure if the S’ip bottle is the right one for you or if there are better options out there.
You may be wondering what makes the S’ip line of stainless steel bottles different from the regular S’well? We’ll answer that question and more below.
In our review, we explore the different S’ip models, key features, our review, and a handful of alternatives. We always dig deep with our research so you don’t have to! By following our review, you’ll save valuable time and make the most informed buying decision.
Let’s start with the available models.
S’ip by S’well Models
There are many interesting colors and designs available. S’well designed the S’ip bottle to be eye-catching, cheerful, and most of all, unique. Below is a handful of current available sizes and designs at Amazon #ad:
There are 10, 15, and 23 oz. water bottle sizes available and a 16 oz. travel mug. The four designs above are only a sampling of the many available.
- Made with food-grade 18/8 stainless steel
- Double-Wall Vacuum Insulation (Condensation-Free)
- Leak-Proof Lid (flip top available in 10 oz. size)
- Keeps cold drinks cold up to 24 hours and hot drinks up to 12 hours
- Hand wash only (do not put lid or bottle in the dishwasher)
- Fits in most cup holders and backpack side pockets (9″ circumference for 15 oz. model)
- Mouth Opening Diameter: 1.14″ for 10 and 15 oz sizes, 1.19″ for 23 oz.
What’s the difference between S’ip and regular S’well bottles?
There are four main differences:
- S’well offers more fun colors and designs in the S’ip models
- The regular S’well bottle uses triple-wall vacuum insulation with a copper layer for enhanced temperature retention (cold beverages stay cold longer and hot liquids stay hot longer)
- The bottle shapes are different
- S’ip bottles cost less than the regular S’well bottles we assume since the S’ip bottle is double-wall instead of triple
Now that we have the basics out of the way and you know the difference between the S’ip edition and regular S’well bottles, let’s see what to expect.
What to expect?
We identified trends and put together all the key information we found below:
- No metallic taste
- Excellent functionality
- Slips well into a purse
- The S’ip bottle temperate retention times are comparable to the regular S’well bottle
- Requires a silicone bottle brush or the S’well cleaning brush to thoroughly clean it
- Lots of cool designs, including pets
- Only one ice cube can be inserted at a time
- Will do a good job of keeping drinks cold in the summer heat
Our Sip by Swell Review
We’re water-obsessed individuals, and we’re constantly reviewing water-related products. We feel more qualified than ever before to guide you in the right direction when choosing the best vacuum-insulated stainless steel water bottle to suit your needs.
- We love the designs, especially the superhero versions because we’re big-time Batman and Superman fans.
- The price is more than reasonable for a S’well-quality bottle.
- S’well is a trustworthy company with a healthy mission to cut down on plastic waste by selling their bottles.
- The number of rust issues is something we always look for when investigating a stainless steel bottle. We found only several rust issues. This ratio is much better than what we discovered during our Manna water bottles review.
- The narrow-mouth lid is A-OK with us as long as we can fit ice cubes through it.
- The shape of the bottle is perfect for sliding into a backpack side pocket (we love to hike and have cold water on hand at all times).
- The 18/8 stainless steel is mandatory in a quality water bottle.
- S’well offers a one-year limited warranty against manufacturer defects.
- While we do believe the double-wall insulation gets the job done, one of the main reasons we love the original S’well bottle so much is the triple-wall insulation that we’re more than willing to pay a little extra to get.
- The bottle is prone to scratches and dents when accidentally dropped on hard surfaces.
Overall, it’s tough to beat what you get with the S’ip by Swell bottle for the price. The biggest drawback is double-wall insulation instead of triple-wall. Depending on how long you need to keep your beverages hot or cold, the double-wall insulation may be more than enough for you.
Final Score: 8/10
If you’re more of an outdoor person like us and prefer a vacuum-insulated bottle that’s tough as nails, the YETI Rambler may be the perfect choice for you. The YETI Rambler is dishwasher-safe, less prone to scratching, and has fantastic all-around feedback.
One of my good buddies introduced me to the YETI cup almost five years ago, and I was sold after watching how much he used it. Click the image below to view the YETI 26 oz. Rambler at Amazon #ad:
A second more affordable option with a copper-coated insulation layer is the Simple Modern Wave water bottle. This bottle also comes in a wide variety of colors and costs less than comparable S’ip by S’well bottles. Click the image below to view the Simple Modern Wave at Amazon #ad:
Overall, S’ip by S’well is one of the best vacuum-insulated stainless steel water bottles currently on the market, and it’s more affordable than the regular S’well. With all the color and design options available, it’s hard not to fall in love with at least one of them. We think this is what sets the S’ip bottle apart.
It will undoubtedly perform well by keeping cold and hot beverages, and you get a bottle that you love to look at as well. The fact that we encountered close to zero rust and leak issues is what makes us feel highly confident about recommending the S’ip line by S’well.