Welcome to our in-depth Sip by Swell review. In this article, we explore one of the more recent additions to the Swell lineup. By the end of our review, you’ll know for sure if the S’ip bottle is the right one for you or if there are better options out there.
You may be wondering what makes the S’ip line of stainless steel bottles different from the regular S’well? We’ll answer that question and more below.
In our review, we explore the different S’ip models, key features, current customer reviews, our review, and a handful of alternatives. We always dig deep with our research so you don’t have to! By following our review, you’ll save valuable time and make the most informed buying decision.
Let’s start with the available models.
S’ip by S’well Models
There are many interesting colors and designs available. S’well designed the S’ip bottle to be eye-catching, cheerful, and most of all, unique. Below is a handful of current available sizes and designs:
There are 10, 15, and 23 oz. water bottle sizes available and a 16 oz. travel mug. The four designs above are only a sampling of the many available.
- Made with food-grade 18/8 stainless steel
- Double-Wall Vacuum Insulation (Condensation-Free)
- Leak-Proof Lid (flip top available in 10 oz. size)
- Keeps cold drinks cold up to 24 hours and hot drinks up to 12 hours
- Hand wash only (do not put lid or bottle in the dishwasher)
- Fits in most cup holders and backpack side pockets (9″ circumference for 15 oz. model)
- Mouth Opening Diameter: 1.14″ for 10 and 15 oz sizes, 1.19″ for 23 oz.
What’s the difference between S’ip and regular S’well bottles?
There are four main differences:
- S’well offers more fun colors and designs in the S’ip models
- The regular S’well bottle uses triple-wall vacuum insulation with a copper layer for enhanced temperature retention (cold beverages stay cold longer and hot liquids stay hot longer)
- The bottle shapes are different
- S’ip bottles cost less than the regular S’well bottles we assume since the S’ip bottle is double-wall instead of triple
Now that we have the basics out of the way and you know the difference between the S’ip edition and regular S’well bottles, let’s see what current owners are saying.
Sip by Swell Reviews
In this section, we’ll take a closer look at what current owners are saying about their S’ip water bottles. We identified trends in the reviews and put together all the key information we found below:
- An overwhelming number of people are in love with their S’ip bottles. One happy owner noted that there’s no metallic taste, and she’s able to fit the bottle in her purse without a problem.
- Several owners applauded the functionality of the bottle but were unhappy with the number of scratches that appeared over time.
- A few people weren’t as impressed with the temperature retention offered by the S’ip bottle compared to the regular S’well bottle (which we think is part of the tradeoff of paying less for a double-wall bottle instead of a triple-wall).
- One disadvantage to keep in mind is that the bottle can be difficult to wash without a silicone bottle brush or the S’well cleaning brush.
- A lot of owners reported compliments they’ve received about the designs, particularly the dachshund version.
- The small opening only allows one ice cube to be inserted at a time.
- One owner who lives in the desert confirmed that the S’ip keeps water cold in 100° summer heat.
Our Sip by Swell Review
We’re water-obsessed individuals, and we’re constantly reviewing water-related products. We feel more qualified than ever before to guide you in the right direction when choosing the best vacuum-insulated stainless steel water bottle to suit your needs.
We broke our Sip by Swell bottle review into two parts: our likes and our dislikes.
- We love the designs, especially the superhero versions because we’re big-time Batman and Superman fans.
- The price is more than reasonable for a S’well-quality bottle.
- S’well is a trustworthy company with a healthy mission to cut down on plastic waste by selling their bottles.
- The number of rust reports is something we always look for when investigating a stainless steel bottle. We found only several reports of rust out of hundreds of reviews. This ratio is much better than what we discovered during our Manna water bottles review.
- The narrow-mouth lid is A-OK with us as long as we can fit ice cubes through it.
- The shape of the bottle is perfect for sliding into a backpack side pocket (we love to hike and have cold water on hand at all times).
- The 18/8 stainless steel is mandatory in a quality water bottle.
- S’well offers a one-year limited warranty against manufacturer defects.
- While we do believe the double-wall insulation gets the job done, one of the main reasons we love the original S’well bottle so much is the triple-wall insulation that we’re more than willing to pay a little extra to get.
- The bottle is prone to scratches and dents when accidentally dropped on hard surfaces.
Overall, it’s tough to beat what you get with the S’ip by Swell bottle for the price. The biggest drawback is double-wall insulation instead of triple-wall. Depending on how long you need to keep your beverages hot or cold, the double-wall insulation may be more than enough for you.
Final Score: 8/10
If you’re more of an outdoor person like us and prefer a vacuum-insulated bottle that’s tough as nails, the YETI Rambler may be the perfect choice for you. The YETI Rambler is dishwasher-safe, less prone to scratching, and has fantastic all-around reviews from happy customers.
One of my good buddies introduced me to the YETI cup almost five years ago, and I was sold after watching how much he used it. Click the image below to view the YETI 26 oz. Rambler at Amazon:
Overall, S’ip by S’well is one of the best vacuum-insulated stainless steel water bottles currently on the market, and it’s more affordable than the regular S’well. With all the color and design options available, it’s hard not to fall in love with at least one of them. We think this is what sets the S’ip bottle apart.
It will undoubtedly perform well by keeping cold and hot beverages, and you get a bottle that you love to look at as well. The fact that we encountered close to zero rust and leak reports is what makes us feel highly confident about recommending the S’ip line by S’well.
What did you think of our Sip by Swell review? Is there anything else you’d like us to add or think we missed? We’d love to hear from you in the comments section below.
Cheers, and stay tuned for our next review!