Y ou may have seen our previous review of the Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 7.0. Well, this is the 7’s big brother, the Air Water Life Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.0 (model AWL-9000). In our review, we discuss the upgrades from the 7.0 and help guide you to the right machine for your home.
When choosing a water ionizer, it’s important to consider the installation procedure, whether the unit is under-sink or countertop or both, the warranty terms, type of filtration, number of electrodes, and other key factors we’ll go over shortly.
Now, let’s jump into the review. By the end, you’ll know whether the 9.0 unit is right for you and if it’s worth the extra coin compared to the popular 7.0 model.
First, let’s briefly go over the key features offered by the Aqua Deluxe 9.0 ionizer as well as the differences between the 7.0 and 9.0. The first noticeable difference between models 9.0 and 7.0 is the 9.0’s more attractive design, though, it’s what’s inside that matters most.
- The first upgrade is the warranty. The 7.0 unit comes backed by a 5-year warranty, and the 9.0 gives you the lifetime warranty that we all want when buying an ionizer. The warranty upgrade alone may make the 9.0 a better purchase than the 7.0 model.
- The Aqua 9.0’s LCD display is very similar to the 7.0, but as mentioned earlier, it’s nicer to look at. Also, it matches more modern kitchen decors and kitchens with dark-colored themes.
- The 9.0 stays true to its name with 9 platinum-coated titanium plates, which is two more than the 7.0 model. The 9 plates add up to an impressive 146.57 square inches total of surface area. The plates are also arranged in more than one layer to enhance the machine’s efficiency.
- Like the 7.0, the 9.0 uses the same single activated carbon filter (which is nice if you plan to upgrade from the 7.0 to the 9.0)
- The included universal faucet adaptor fits most sink fixtures, which means it can be installed in various locations throughout your home
- The 9.0 can be installed both on the countertop or under the sink. If you choose to install under the sink, you may want to purchase the special kit designed just for the 9.0 unit.
- The adjustable flow rate of the Aqua Deluxe 9.0 maxes out at 3 liters per minute or about 1 minute and 20 seconds per gallon
- Plastic parts of the unit are both BPA-free and FDA-Approved
- 3-stage Self-Cleaning Cycle: In between pours, the unit switches polarity to extend the life of the plates and clean the internal parts
- Maximum incoming water temperature is 140º F
- RoHS certified to be 100% lead-free
- 7 Water Settings: 4 alkaline levels, 2 acid water levels, and 1 for purified drinking water.
- Filter Life: 4,000 liters or over 1,050 gallons
- pH range: 3.0 to 11.5
- ORP Range: +1000.00 to -860.00mV
- Dimension: 8.3″ Length x 4.3″ Width x 12″ Height
- Weight: 13 lbs
Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.0 Installation Instructions
Installation of the 9.0 unit is similar to the 7.0 unit and should only take you about 10 minutes.
Most people choose to install the 9.0 on the countertop instead of buying under-sink kit separately. One of the disadvantages of alkaline water machines for countertop use is the need to reach below the sink to make adjustments when installed as under-sink machines.
The video below explains how to install the Aqua Deluxe 9.0 ionizer:
Air Water Life Aqua Deluxe 9.0 Replacement Filters
Out of all the alkaline water machines we’ve reviewed, the Aqua Deluxe 9.0 may have the most impressive filter life. The lifespan of a single filter is 4,000 liters or over 1,050 gallons.
Each filter should last a full year or more depending on the TDS of your tap water and whether you choose to install a pre-filtration system.
Additionally, the 9.0 features a filter life indicator, so there’s no need to remember when you installed the filter or keep track of how much water has gone through it.
|1st Stage Filter|
|Avg. life||Over 1,050 gallons|
|Filter Media Type||Activated Carbon|
What to expect?
Before investing in an alkaline water machine, it’s important to get an idea of the pros & cons of owning the unit.
Here are several key points to consider before choosing the Aqua Deluxe 9.0:
- The filter life indicator is a nice feature since the filter lasts for over 1,000 gallons, and it’s difficult to manually to keep track of how much water it’s filtered
- The pH indicator is accurate and matches water test results using a digital pH meter
- Acidic and alkaline ionized water pours from separate tubes to ensure the alkaline and acidic water never mix
- International users must keep in mind that the unit is 110v only
- If you choose to install the unit under the sink, you may find that there’s barely a need to adjust your settings below the sink once you find your sweet spot
- The machine is designed in America and assembled in China in an ISO-9001 certified facility to guarantee a high-quality product is delivered to your door
- Your first filter is included in the base package
- Easy installation in ten minutes
- Customer service is responsive, and there’s a toll-free number should you run into any issues or have any questions about how to use or install the machine
If you were on the fence between the Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 7.0 and 9.0, now you know which unit is more suitable for your home. The 9.0 does cost more, but it sports some worthy upgrades and comes backed by a longer warranty than the 7.0.
Also, the extra-long filter life is another important factor to consider. Over the life of the unit, the savings in replacement filters alone should make up for the added cost of the 9.0.
The two additional plates make for a more powerful alkaline water machine. Plus, you might prefer the 9.0’s more attractive design if your kitchen features darker colors, or you plan to install the unit on your counter.